Friday, September 9, 2011

FOTD - Pale and shimmery

Sometimes less is more.


I woke up late for work this morning, and wasn't feel great on top of that, so I wanted something super simple. I ended up going with a pale shimmery eyeshadow, but wore red on my lips so my face wasn't too pale against my bright red dress. My skin looks really good right now, so it's nice to not feel like I have to wear anything heavy on my face. 


Jewelry is by my favorite jewelry shop in the universe, Elements & Artifacts. Alicia Stardust is just brilliant with her jewelry art. Her work has evolved a lot since I purchased this necklace from her a few years ago, but she's never failed to stun me with her artistic genius!





Not sure why the color is so weird on this one -- it must have flashed differently than the rest! But I put it in to show the pretty jewelry. None of the other photos showed it as well as this one. 





FACE:

  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
  • MAC Powder Blush in Plum Du Bois
  • MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
EYES:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion all over upper lid and beneath lower lash line
  • Tarte Dark Circle Defense under eyes, with Sweet Libertine Paraben-Free Undereye Concealer in Yellow patted on the darkest part of undereye circle.
  • Geek Chic Kingslayer over entire upper lid, eyelash to eyebrow (I can't stop wearing this! I just freaking LOVE this color!)
  • Sweet Libertine Smoking Gun lined around outer 2/3 of upper and lower lids
  • MAC Brule along very uppermost part of brow bone, just under brow
  • Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Mascara in black on all lashes
LIPS:
  • MAC  Prep + Prime Lip
  • MAC Lip Pencil in Redwood (I think this is a DC color)
  • Sephora Nano Eye Pencil in Midnight Black blended around edges of lips near the corners
  • Urban Decay Lip Gunk in Gash (one of my fave reds of all time, so sad it's DC)
  • Delux Beauty Lip Gloss in Edgar in center of lips

I've been obsessing over BPAL's recent Halloweenie update, so to tide me over until I get my new perfumes, I wore BPAL's 2009 blend Huesos de Santo, which is described as "Orange-glazed cake, dotted with anise seed, and filled with custard, set beside a bouquet of celebratory funeral flowers." It's one of the very few "foody" blends I can wear, since my skin chemistry usually turns foody scents into dusty- or burnt-smelling ick. HdS however, smells divine. I get no florals from it, just orange-glazed cake. It's so delicious!


Tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep in and don't have to work. I am either going to go completely sans makeup, or I am going to do something really bright and bold (well, bright and bold for me, that is! I have yet to get up the courage to go Sugarpill-esque bright yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment