Saturday, September 3, 2011

Green and Gold EOTD

So this afternoon, my husband brought in the mail, and there was a package for me from a wonderful Internet friend in Australia. In it were 25 eyeshadow samples!!! Yes, TWENTY-FIVE! They're all Archetype, About Face, and Meow Cosmetics. It's going to be so much fun playing with them!!! I'd already done my makeup today, but I was dying to try some of the Egyptian Treasures colors from Meow, so I removed my eye makeup and started over. 


None of the Egyptian Treasures colors that she sent me are shades I would typically wear, so I thought it was especially fun to work outside of the color box I tend to put myself in.


Pharaoh is described as "an 'old gold', aged metalllic gold with an aged bronze/green patina." I actually found it to be much more yellow-green than bronze-green. It's definitely a brighter and yellowier (is that a word?) shade of gold than I've ever tried.


Scarab is described as "bold metallic olive with a chartreuse undertone - Wow". I think that one is dead-on. It's exactly what I was expecting based on the website photo and description. It's a really beautiful shade of olive. 


Miw is described as "...pure metallic, meow green with a metallic gold undertone." On my skin, I don't get the metallic gold undertone -- it's a chartreuse-lime. It's a stunning color, and very, very "out of the box" for me. 


I always thought greens made my yellow-toned skin look sallow, so the only time I ever wear green is on St. Patty's Day, and then, I wear very basic kelly green only as an accent color in clothing/makeup. I also always thought that blue-eyed people shouldn't wear green eyeshadow, but should stick with browns, coppers, purples, etc. to make their blue eyes look bluer. I am amazed, however, at how blue my eyes look in some of these photos. It appears my blue eyes like these shades of green!


Here's what I did with those three colors:











It's late at night, and I was just playing around with my new eyeshadows and not getting ready for the day, so I didn't cover the dark circles under my eyes, or do much else with my skin besides a tiny bit of blush and lip balm.


Here's how I created this EOTD:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion all over upper lid
  • Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk over the lower-middle portion of eyelid (I wanted Miw to really pop!) 
  • Archetype's Morningstar on inner corner of eye
  • Meow's Miw in bottom half/center of eyelid
  • Meow's Pharaoh in upper half of eyelid and crease
  • Meow's Scarab on outer corner and beneath lower eyelashes
  • MAC Brule on brow bone
  • Benefit HighBrow in a very thin line, then blended immediately under eyebrow line
  • Clinique Quickliner in Smoky Brown on lower waterline
  • Estee Lauder MagnaScopic mascara in black on all lashes
  • MAC Fluidline in Dipdown lining upper lid
  • Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown

Everything else I'm wearing:

  • Nars Orgasm blush
  • Morgana Cryptoria's lip balm in Nudist with the tiniest bit of MAC's Fresh Moroccan lipstick applied over it

If I re-create this EOTD, I'll probably replace the Archetype Morningstar with a highlight color that has more gold in it. I don't really like how the Morningstar looks with the other colors. The other colors are beautiful though, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment