Friday, September 16, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Egyptian Treasures - Temple & Tutankhamun

I played with my Meow Cosmetics (MC) eyeshadow samples again yesterday. I haven't been sleeping well and my eyes are red and puffy from allergies, so I wanted to wear something very subtle...but not quite as subtle as it turned out.


I had a weird experience with MC's Tutankhamun. The website describes it as "metallic maroon," which it is... until you start blending it. I really like the color I got after blending, but it wasn't remotely close to what I started with, definitely not what expected, and not what I was looking for -- although it actually turned out better than what I had planned for my "super subtle" day yesterday! Off the top of my head, I can't recall ever encountering an eyeshadow color that morphs quite as much as Tutankhamun depending on how you apply it, so when I got home from work tonight, I did some more playing with it, doing swatches of it. 


Here are my swatch results: 



Look at how each way of applying it gave me a completely different color. Blended over MC's i-prime (eye primer), it's soft and subtle, brownish-red with copper sparkle. Patted directly on skin without blending, it's the metallic maroon they claim it is. However, as soon as you try to blend it, it pretty much brushes away and leaves you with a trace of eyeshadow the color of a fading bruise and virtually no shimmer. However, you get amazing, I mean AMAZING, color payoff when applied over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy -- look at that rust red and incredible copper and gold shimmer! Gorgeous!!! I'm applying it that way next time I wear it.

However, when I wore it yesterday, I applied it over MC i-prime, so my results were much closer to the swatch on the far left. It was still very pretty, especially when paired with MC's Temple ("diffused sandy metallic gold with a complex taupe undertone").





Amazing wire-wrapped jewelry from Elements & Artifacts.

FACE:
  • DHC Velvet Skin Coat
  • Sephora Mineral Compact Foundation in Claire Light 21
  • MC Masterpiece Blush in Mona Lisa



EYES:
  • MC i-prime
  • Tarte Smooth Operator concealer
  • Sweet Libertine Yellow Concealer
  • MC Temple in inner 1/3 of lid
  • MC Tutankhamun on outer 2/3 of lid
  • MAC Brule on browbown
  • MAC Fluidline in Dipdown lining upper lashes
  • Benefit They’re Real mascara
  • Shu Uemura Hard 9 eyebrow pencil in Seal Brown


LIPS
  • MAC Prep + Prime Lip
  • Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Raisin



No comments:

Post a Comment