Saturday, September 3, 2011

My First Blogged EOTD!

I started this blog over a month ago (two months ago?) and I keep forgetting to update it! I liked my eye look today so much that I remembered to take photos! 


Geek Chic's Blood Bond blends so beautifully with Sweet Libertine's Va-Va-Voom -- they're both a gorgeous red rust color, but Va-Va-Voom has more sparkle. Rusty and coppery shades really bring out the blue in my eyes (unlike true reds, which bring out the red veins in my eye whites), so I was happy to see how complimentary these colors are with my eyes. They both look really pretty with Viking King, and I just love how Kingslayer works as an inner-eye highlighter. I just love this color combo so much!




To achieve this EOTD, I used the following:
  • Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer all over upper lid and on bottom lid directly under lashes. 
  • Tarte Dark Circle Defense under eyes, with Sweet Libertine Paraben-Free Undereye Concealer in Yellow patted on the darkest part of the undereye circle
For the upper lid, I divided the lid into quarters and applied the eyeshadows using these colors, in this order: 
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics' Kingslayer on inner V of eye, upper and lower
  • Geek Chic's  Viking King on next 1/4 of upper lid and middle 1/3 of bottom lid, and in crease
  • Sweet Libertine Va-Va-Voom on third 1/4 of upper lid and outer corner of lower lid
  • Geek Chic's Blood Bond on outer 1/4 of upper lid
  • MAC Brule on brow bone
  • Sephora Nano eyeliner in Midnight Black on upper and lower waterline
  • Estee Lauder MagnaScopic mascara in black on all lashes
  • MAC Fluidline in blacktrack lining upper lid
  • Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
Here are some other photos of my eye look. Unfortunately, my flash didn't go off for all of the photos, so some are really yellow. I tried to color-correct them using Photoshop, but I still look way too yellow. 


 

Here is the finished face, and yes, my hair's wet! I didn't wear any foundation or powder because it's Saturday and the only place I went today was the Post Office, so I didn't want to be completely made-up for lounging around the house all day.



And finally, what the EOTD looks like when I put glasses on. I hate that I have to wear glasses. My pretty eyeshadow always gets obscured by the glasses. I miss being able to wear contacts so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment