Geek Chic's Blood Bond blends so beautifully with Sweet Libertine's Va-Va-Voom -- they're both a gorgeous red rust color, but Va-Va-Voom has more sparkle. Rusty and coppery shades really bring out the blue in my eyes (unlike true reds, which bring out the red veins in my eye whites), so I was happy to see how complimentary these colors are with my eyes. They both look really pretty with Viking King, and I just love how Kingslayer works as an inner-eye highlighter. I just love this color combo so much!
To achieve this EOTD, I used the following:
- Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer all over upper lid and on bottom lid directly under lashes.
- Tarte Dark Circle Defense under eyes, with Sweet Libertine Paraben-Free Undereye Concealer in Yellow patted on the darkest part of the undereye circle
- Geek Chic Cosmetics' Kingslayer on inner V of eye, upper and lower
- Geek Chic's Viking King on next 1/4 of upper lid and middle 1/3 of bottom lid, and in crease
- Sweet Libertine Va-Va-Voom on third 1/4 of upper lid and outer corner of lower lid
- Geek Chic's Blood Bond on outer 1/4 of upper lid
- MAC Brule on brow bone
- Sephora Nano eyeliner in Midnight Black on upper and lower waterline
- Estee Lauder MagnaScopic mascara in black on all lashes
- MAC Fluidline in blacktrack lining upper lid
- Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
Here are some other photos of my eye look. Unfortunately, my flash didn't go off for all of the photos, so some are really yellow. I tried to color-correct them using Photoshop, but I still look way too yellow.
Here is the finished face, and yes, my hair's wet! I didn't wear any foundation or powder because it's Saturday and the only place I went today was the Post Office, so I didn't want to be completely made-up for lounging around the house all day.
And finally, what the EOTD looks like when I put glasses on. I hate that I have to wear glasses. My pretty eyeshadow always gets obscured by the glasses. I miss being able to wear contacts so much!