Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Parisian Look of the Day

I bought the cutest dress last weekend. It’s very summery, black with white polka dots and has a very vintage and Parisienne look to it. Since I plan my work outfits ahead of time, I knew all weekend that I was going to wear the dress to work today, and so I was trying to figure out the right makeup look to go with it. I had lots of ideas, but none felt right, until I was reading Misschievous’ blog and saw this World Cities: Paris look. I thought, VOILA! That’s it! So I aimed to recreate it, but with a much softer eye because at my age, I just can't put a heavy eye with red lips. I'd look REALLY scary. 


When I arrived at the office this morning, the first person I saw was my friend Amy, and she looked at me and said, "Oh ho! Ooh la la! I love the look! How Parisian...the lips, the dress..." I told her I was tickled to death that she picked up on that since that was exactly the look I was going for, then I emailed her the link to the Misschievous World Cities: Paris look to show her my inspiration. Amy said she liked my look better because I went for a softer eye with the bright red lips.  


Here's what I looked like right before leaving for work this morning:  


Uhhh... looks like someone forgot to brush out her eyebrows! I blame it on getting up early after a long weekend of sleeping in. :)




And the final one, with zee dastardly spectacles:

Here's how I created this look:

FACE:
  • MAC Prep + Prime Skin
  • MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC20 (again, it’s too late for this late in the summer. I think I need to go buy some NC25. I have this problem every late-summer/early-fall!)
  • Bare Escentuals Warmth (to try to warm up the NC20 that’s too light…but it didn’t work well)
  • MAC blush in Pinch O’ Peach
  • MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder


EYES:
    • Urban Decay Primer Potion all over upper lid
    • Tarte Dark Circle Defnese under eyes, with Sweet Libertine Paraben-Free Undereye Concealer in Yellow patted on the darkest part of the undereye circle
    • MAC Satin Taupe, Cranberry, and Shale all blended together on one brush and applied to crease and outer corner of upper lid
    • Bare Escentuals Heart applied to inner corner and center of upper lid
    • MAC Brule on brow bown
    • Benefit HighBrow applied to lower waterline
    • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack lining upper lid
    • Estee Lauder Magna Scopic mascara in black on upper and lower lashes
    • Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette

    LIPS:
      • MAC Prep + Prime Lip (seriously, I wonder how I ever wore lipstick before I discovered this primer. It’s amazing! Try it!!!)
      • Estee Lauder Artist’s Lip Pencil in Red Writer
      • Clinique lipstick in Vintage Wine


      No comments:

      Post a Comment