Monday, September 5, 2011

Soft Shimmery Archetype Colors

I have heard that Archetype's customer service is inconsistent, at best, so I've been afraid to order from them. But among the eyeshadow samples my Australian friend sent me were a number of Archetypes. I wore some yesterday, and tested out even more today. I have to say, I am in love with the unique shades, the shimmer, the amazing way they blend, and the overall quality. The cons I've noticed so far, as far as the eyeshadows themselves, are the inevitable fallout, and if I blend too much, some of the vibrancy of the color disappears. 


Today is a holiday, and I'm not doing anything special besides lounging around the house and reading a book, doing some laundry, and maybe taking a nap, so I wanted to wear something pretty, but wasn't in the mood for a full-color look. Here's what I came up with.






I forgot to take a full-face photo without  my glasses, so I took one a few hours later:





Here’s how I created this EOTD:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion over upper lid and along bottom lash line
  • Tarte Dark Circle Defense under eyes, with Sweet Libertine Paraben-Free Undereye Concealer in Yellow patted on the darkest part of the undereye circle
  • Archetype Apocalypse Meow in inner corner of upper lid and in crease
  • Archetype Graveyard Seance in center of upper lid
  • Archetype Madame Terpsichore on outer corner of eye and beneath lower lashes
  • Archetype Obsidian Butterfly beneath lower lashes
  • MAC Brule on brow bone
  • Benefit Highbrow in thin line blended just beneath brows
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack lining upper lid
  • Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk lining lower waterline
  • Arbonne Triple Action Mascara
  • Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette
  • Anastasia Brow Gel


Everything else I’m wearing:
  • Bare Escentuals SPF 15 Foundation in Fair
  • Bare Escentuals Warmth
  • MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
  • MAC blush in Pinch O’ Peach
  • MAC Lustreglass in Flash-mode (my favorite lip gloss ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment