Monday, October 10, 2011

The Game of Thrones - Sansa Stark (Pink & Black)

I have been reading A Song of Ice and Fire from the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this book and how much I'm geeking out over it. Last night I thought, how fun would it be to combine two of my geeky activities into one and do makeup looks based on my interpration of the characters from this book? 


So I decided to do a series of Game of Thrones looks. This is 100% my interpretation of the characters' "colors" based on how I think of them, and those colors may or may not reflect the colors of clothing, hair, materials possessions, etc. as described in the book or portrayed on the TV series. It's entirely as I see each character's colors in my imagination -- and others may entirely disagree with me. Or not. :)


I started with Sansa, and decided to interpret the way I see the colors of her persona in my imagination. If I were to do this again, I'd go with a brighter pink lipstick instead of an almost-clear pink gloss.


When I took today's photos, I realized that lamp light gave an entirely different version of the look than natural light, so I tried to take duplicate natural photos and lamp light photos.


I have a few ideas in mind for what direction I should go with my GoT look tomorrow... but if there are any suggestions or requests, I will take them into consideration!


As always lately, please excuse the brows. They're getting shaggy, but I'm growing them out with the intention of reshaping. Only about 2 more weeks to go! 


Awesome necklace is by the ever-estimable Alicia Dabney of Elements & Artifacts.



lamplight:

natural light:

lamplight:

natural light: 



lamplight:

natural light: 


FACE:
  • Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
  • MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
  • Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst
  • Clinique Black Honey blush


EYES:
  • Tarte Smooth Operator Concealer
  • Sweet Libertine yellow concealer powder
  • Meow i-prime
  • Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy over center of lid only
  • Sleek Chaos palette - black in crease and outer corner
  • Sleek Chaos palette - silver on brow bone
  • Sleek Chaos palette - pearl on inner corner and highlighting under brows
  • Sleek Acid palette - light blue under lower lashes
  • Shiro Wheeeeeee! on center of lid
  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline lining upper lashes
  • Benefit HighBrow along lower waterline
  • Sephora Brow Sculpting Pencil in Medium
  • Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara


LIPS:
  • Nyx Nude Pink lip lining pencil
  • Nyx Crystal Soda Mega Shine lip gloss


No comments:

Post a Comment