Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekend Edition - Casual Makeup Day

This is my all-time favorite look for days when I'm wearing sweatshirts and jeans and running errands and don't want to spend more than 15 minutes in front of the mirror. My eye look is my #1 fave for when I want something easy and pretty and don't want to think too hard about what I'm wearing on my eyes that day, but it's also a fave for when I am dressing up and want to look nice. I wore this eye makeup look to my 20 year class reunion a few years ago, and kept receiving compliments all night long. 


All that's to say, it's just simply one of  my favorite eye looks of all time - whether I'm dressing up or down!


The MAC Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow is a limited edition from 2008 (I think?), and I don't wear it often because when it runs out, I will cry myself to sleep at night for weeks. I don't actually like it alone, but worn over MAC Indianwood paint pot, it's amazing. I get more compliments when I'm wearing this particular look on my eyes than any other time.


Excuse the hair -- I pulled it back in a ponytail because I don't want to have to wash it again later before getting ready for the Halloween party I'm going to at Blix MoonMaiden's home tonight!










FACE:
Tarte Smooth Operator Concealer
Sweet Libertine yellow concealer
Sweet Libertine green concealer
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder
Clinique Black Honey blush


EYES:
MAC Brule on brow bone and lightly on inner corner of lids
MAC Indianwood paint pot on lid and crease
MAC Smoke & Diamonds over Indianwood
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Benefit HighBrow on lower waterline
Benefit They're Real! mascara


LIPS:
Clinique Black Honey Almost-Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment