Thursday, November 10, 2011

LOTD with Shiro Cosmetics

I got some new Shiro Intertube samples as well as a few full-size and sample eyeshadows. I used them on  my eyes and lips today. I am so in love with Shiro! Their shadows are such high quality, really unique, and so shimmery and pretty. And their Intertubes are some of the most moisturizing, comfortable lippies I've ever tried. 


Today's EOTD was intended to highlight the Shiro eyeshadow color called "Detective" from their new Death Note collection. Detective is described as "taupe with strong blue duochrome."  I actually ended up putting my sample in my drawer of green eyeshadows, because the taupe has a strong green hue about it. The blue duochrome is aqua blue, and it's stunning. 


Sadly, the green hue and the blue duochrome of Detective didn't show up on the photos I took this morning, so I just did another swatch on the back of my hand and tried to get a few photos to show how pretty it is. Here are the swatches and after that, the photos of today's look.


Speaking of today's look, I truly think Team Buffy (Intertube) is quite possibly the prettiest lip color EVER. Seriously. It's so stunning!!!


First are the swatches of Detective -- without flash, with flash, and blurry to show the sparkle. 





And here's my Shiro look for today. Very neutral and work-appropriate, yet if you could only see the colors in person, you'd see this neutral look is far from bland!





FACE:
Tarte Smooth Operator concealer
Sweet Libertine yellow concealer
Sweet Libertine green concealer
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer
Clinique Black Honey blush

EYES:
Meow i-prime
Shiro S.S. Anne in inner V, upper and lower
Shiro Detective on main lid
Shiro Golem in crease and beneath lower lashes
Shiro Meowth above Golem in crease
MAC Brule on brow bone
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner in Blackest Black
Sephora Nano eye liner in coffee on lower waterline
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
Benefit They're Real! mascara

LIPS:
Benefit Lip Plump (as lip concealer)
Nyx Currant lip liner pencil
Shiro Team Buffy



1 comment: