Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving LOTD & Dogspam!

I hope all of you in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I have a lot to be thankful for -- a wonderful husband, the two cutest Shih Tzus ever, a warm home, a car that runs, a good job, and so many friends all around the world that I can hardly count them all.


However, #1 on my list is my mom.  Back in late-winter 2006, my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was told she wouldn't survive the year and there was no hope, so she'd better get her things in order. Well, Mom didn't take that news lying down, and yesterday, she hosted a delightful Thanksgiving dinner at her house, almost six years after she was given that prognosis. That is what I am most thankful for this year. My mom is a really amazing lady who means the world to me and every additional year she's with us is the hugest blessing I could ever ask for.


Here's a photo of my mom feeding turkey to the hungry masses at her house yesterday (excuse the blurry phone photo!):



For yesterday's look, I was thinking of Thanksgiving Day and all of the delicious food, and my colors were selected based on my hungry tummy, so we've got gravy brown, cranberry red, pumpkin orange, etc. 

This first set of photos was taken indoors, with flash:






This second set of photos was taken in indirect sunlight, no flash:





FACE:

Milk of Magnesia (to control the oilies)
Minerologie Cream Concealer in U3
Sweet Libertine yellow concealer
Sweet Libertine green concealer
Boscia BB Cream
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Clinique Rich Coral blush and Matte Bronze bronzer mixed together as cheek contour
Meow Mona Lisa Masterpiece blush

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
Darling Girl Pumpkin Eater applied over Pixie Epoxy in center of upper lid and center of lower lashline
Shiro Everything is Bears on outer corner upper and lower
Altered Ego Lives in crease and inner corner
Persephone Lost collection #42 above crease
Sugarpill Goldilux Chromalust very lightly applied in far inner corner
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Smashbox Onyx Limitless Eyeliner on lower waterline
Benefit They’re Real! mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
Anastasia brow gel

LIPS:
Shiro Rickrolled Intertube
Morgana Pimped Out Pumpkin Gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment