Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Edition - Sunday Blues II with Black Rose Minerals

I discovered last week that I can wear blue eyeshadow (!!!), so yesterday I experimented a little more with some absolutely gorgeous blues (and other shades) from Black Rose Minerals. I wore a different color in the center of my lid to soften the blues up a bit, and I think I was able to mostly pull it off. It's still not my best color theme or best look, but it was fun to step out of my comfort zone and wear blue!


You guys, Rosa's eyeshadows are AMAZEBALLS. Seriously. They are so incredibly silky and shimmery, and I'm crazy about what I've tried so far. Go get yourself to blackroseminerals.com and order some samples NOW!!! :D


The Black Rose Minerals eyeshadows I'm wearing are the following, with descriptions:


Fly Away: Sheer and iridescent, this color provides very slight green highlights. It's very light and delicate with a white base. This shade is safe for eyes, face and nails. 
(My impression: Gorgeous color that's perfect for highlighting. With my skin tone, it's a white base, but it doesn't have green highlights -- it has very soft, powder-blue highlights.)


Oraculum ~Exclusive~: This darker neutral brown shimmers with a rainbow of highlights.
(My impression: Absolutely AMAZING color. I wasn't sure if this was brown or purple. The shimmer in it is incredible. I'll be using this a lot more!)


SirenaThis beauty from the deep sparkles with golden blue and green shimmer. When dry, it can be sheer or not depending on application. Best worn wet or with a sticky base to truly showcase the depth of this color. 
(My impression: This is a really incredibly shimmery blue-green shade that is reminiscent of mermaids and marine life. I wish I could dip my whole body in this.)


Insect: This is a sparkly shimmery light neutral brown with lots of iridescence. String notes of green and gold give this one depth. Worn wet, it has a deeper green shimmer with hints of bronze. Worn dry it is sheer and lighter without the bronze tones. 
(My impression: One of the prettiest eyeshadows I have ever seen. It has an amazing iridescence reminiscent of beetle wings. There's no doubt at all where Rosa came up with the inspiration for the name for this one. On me, it's more green than gold, but definitely has a yellow-golden shimmer to it, and the hint of bronze shimmer is quite possibly what makes it the most wearable green eyeshadow I've encountered. I will need more than a mere sample of this one!)


And now on to the photos!





Stunning labradorite pendant and custom earrings by the super-talented Alicia Dabney of Elements & Artifacts.

FACE:
Boscia BB Cream
Tarte Smooth Operator concealer
BareMinerals Mineral Veil
Clinique Black Honey gradiant blush
Lancome Éclat Miracle Luminizer 

EYES:
Meow i-prime
Black Rose Fly Away on inner 1/3 of lid and beneath inner V of lower lash line
Black Rose Oraculum on center 1/3 of lid
Black Rose Sirena on outer 1/3 of lid
Black Rose Insect below lower lashes
Geek Chic Kingslayer as inner V highlight and brow highlight
MAC Brule on brow bone
MAC Fluidline lining upper lashline
Benefit They’re Real! mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow lining pencil in Seal Brown

LIPS:
Lancome Éclat Miracle Luminizer lightly above cupids bow
Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer lightly below center of lower lip
Shiro Over 9000 patted very, very lightly to lips
Nyx Crystal Soda Mega Shine lip gloss

1 comment:

  1. I always feel like anyone really can wear blue. But we're all fearful of looking like 80's hookers. :-) You look great with blue eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete