Monday, December 12, 2011

Daytime Look with Jeweled Taupe & Speakeasy

My last post was a "Look of the Night" that I created with Darling Girl's Jeweled Taupe. I love it so much that I wore it again today, but since I had to go work at the office today, I had to wear less and decided to keep it simple.  There's no such thing as too much sparkle... unless you work in a highly professional business environment!  I love Jeweled Taupe even when it's not packed on, but just lightly dusted across my lids. I wish I could look at it all day long, it's that pretty. I paired it with Speakeasy lipstick from Morgana, which I think worked really well.


The thing about Speakeasy is that when I first saw it on my friend Blix, I was amazed at how incredibly beautiful it was and absolutely had to have it. So I bought some, and when I applied it both directly from the lipstick and with a lip brush, it had this weird discolored streakiness about it. I was so sad that it just didn't look on me as amazing as it does on Blix. However, I also discovered that Blix never uses anything to apply lipstick other than a doe foot applicator. So on Saturday I bought some, and when I went out on Saturday night with Blix and her husband, she was wearing Speakeasy, and again, it looked so freaking amazing, so this morning, I decided to apply Speakeasy using the doe foot (instead of directly from the tube or using a lip brush), and much to my surprise and delight, the doe foot applicator was able to smooth out all of the streaky discoloration and the lippie looks as amazing on me as it does on Blix. It's such a gorgeous color and I'm SO GLAD Blix taught me about applying lipstick with a doe foot applicator. I shall never go back to my old ways again!


Here is today's look. The beautiful Swarovski earrings were made by my sister. 






For some reason, in this photo my hair looks like it's wet. It wasn't!


FACE:
Darling Girl Lemon Corrector under eyes
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer

Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Clinique Black Honey Blush


EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
Darling Girl Jeweled Taupe on rest of lid
Fresh Firebird  mascara on upper lashes
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline lining upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara on lower lashes
MAC Lingering brow pencil
L'Oreal Raven eyeshadow on brows


LIPS:
Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion

Morgana Cryptoria Speakeasy

2 comments:

  1. I love this look. I think I might have to buy some Jeweled Taupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should. It's an AMAZING color that would look good on anyone!

    ReplyDelete