Sunday, December 18, 2011

December Birchbox - Pictures and Review

I received my December Birchbox this week. 



The theme this month is Frolic & Fancy. The card enclosed wasn't the typical postcard size, but more like a greeting card.






Inside were all of these goodies:



My Birchbox contained these items:


Benefit - The POREfessional. I love Benefit, and because I have large pores, I've been wanting to try this product for a while, so this is what I was the most excited to see in my box. I tried it right away and yes, it works! It goes on smooth as silk and fills in my pores, leaving my face smoother and more porcelain, but it's not so thick and heavy that I look like a mannequin.

Harvey Prince - Ageless. I love perfume and am always excited to try new perfumes. This one is supposed to make the wearer smell more youthful. I was curious about the "scientific research" behind this, so I went to the Harvey Prince website, and this is the description of the product:

Inspired by scientific research and crafted with love, Ageless by Harvey Prince defies your skin’s natural age-revealing scent. Its notes are an inviting blend of pink grapefruit, pomegranate, luscious mango, with a dry down of jasmine and natural musk.
Here's the secret: Ageless is inspired by recent studies conducted by the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, which find pink grapefruit and mango to be the olfactory antidote to aging. The fragrant notes disguise the familiar scent of age, caused by the breakdown of particular fatty acids in your skin. 
Women from around the world are loving Ageless; based on their testimonials and our own trials, Ageless makes you feel and smell 8-12 years younger.
Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Pomegranate, Mango, Jasmine, Tuberose, YlangYlang, Sandalwood.Style: Fresh. Sensual. Luminous.
I did test it out, and I'm not sure I'm convinced that it makes me smell younger, but it is pretty and fresh and definitely not a "mature" scent. I will use up my sample and after perusing the site, am very curious to try even more Harvey Prince perfumes. Their Scent of Purpose gift set is definitely appealing to me right now!


Jouer - Moisturizing Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink. I love lip gloss and I love bright colors, so I tested this one out right away. It's a very sheer, bright pink, and the more passes I did over my lips, the more the color built up to a bright fuchsia. It's silky and smooth and isn't sticky at all. 


Orofluido - Beauty Elixir.  This is an oil treatment for hair. The first thing I noticed was the amazing scent, amber and vanilla. It smells so good I wish I had a perfume that smells like it! I have used it a few times since I got it, and I like it. It definitely adds a silkiness and shine to my hair. Last night, I washed my hair and didn't put any product in it while my hair dried. It was a huge frizzball by the time it was done drying. I worked a few drops of this Beauty Elixir through my hair and was amazed at how it almost instantly transformed my frizzy, kinky locks into a silky, shiny, wavy smoothness. The scent doesn't linger for long, but for a while after using it, I do catch the occasional light waft of amber and vanilla. 


ShowStoppers - Designer Fashion Tape. This is a double-sided tape for use between fabric and skin. I haven't had a need to use this. I sure wish I'd had some on my wedding day 8 years ago when the neckline of my wedding dress decided not to stay put!


EBoost - Orange Natural Energy Booster. This is a sample powder packet that's full of vitamins and good stuff to provide a natural energy boost. I haven't tried it yet, but am keeping it in my desk drawer at work for one of those days when I start to drag after lunch and need a caffeine-free way to get through the rest of the day. 


Once again, this was a great Birchbox. I'm very, very tempted to buy the deluxe size sample pack/gift set from Harvey Prince. I'm strongly considering it! I do have a number of pore minimizer products in my vanity, so I need to use them up before buying more, but when it's time to buy another one, Benefit's POREfessional is almost undoubtedly the one I'll buy. The Orofluido Beauty Elixir is also something I'm very interested in buying, but I have about a year's supply of hair oils and glosses and shine products in circulation right now, so again, I can't really justify the expense of a full size right now, but I will use my sample and keep them in mind for when it's time to buy new hair shine products. 

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a top 10 award
    http://polishednotputtogether.blogspot.com/2011/12/jenn-over-at-im-still-thinking.html

    ReplyDelete