Saturday, December 31, 2011

Look of the Day with Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV

Hi everyone. I hope you're all off to very safe and happy new year! Remember, it's "amateur night" out there, so be very, very careful if you're driving on the roads tonight. 


Yesterday, I wore two different looks - one for day and one for night. I'll post my look of the night later, but first, I'm posting yesterday's look of the day. I couldn't wait to dig into my new Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV palette. Some of the colors in the palette I already have, and a couple of other colors I used to have in a palette that has somehow been lost in the intervening years. I remember not liking my Urban Decay shadows back then because I couldn't get them to stick to my lids. I hadn't discovered eye primer yet. What a difference a good, sticky primer makes! I am LOVING my Urban Decay eyeshadows these days, and I really had fun playing with my new UD shadows yesterday morning. 


This is the look I created. In each set of photos below, the natural light photo is first and the flash photo is second. 









FACE:
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
NARS Orgasm blush

EYES:
UD Skimp over entire brow bone above crease
UD Missionary along bottom of eye brow
UD Zephyr placed directly beneath highest point of brow arch
UD Hijack in crease
UD Gravity on outer corner, upper and lower
UD Lost over lid and along center of lower lash line
UD Midnight Cowboy stippled over Lost with a damp brush
UD Midnight Rodeo on inner V, upper and lower
UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
Smashbox Onyx Limitless Eyeliner along lower waterline
UD Supercurl mascara
MAC Lingering brow pencil
L’Oreal Raven eyeshadow on brows

LIPS:
UD Lip Primer Potion
Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick in Coque d’Or

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Loving that lipstick on you! And I so hear you about not being able to figure out why eyeshadows didn't stick.... primer! Yes! That is the solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That lipstick is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I understand now why it's $35 for a tube. Maybe someday I'll be rich and can afford to spend that much on a lipstick. I put it on in the morning, ate lunch, took a nap, and still had it on until I washed my face in the early evening!

    I wish I'd known about eyeshadow primer years and years ago! It has definitely changed my life for the better.

    ReplyDelete