Saturday, December 31, 2011

Look of the Night - "Molten Gold"

We're not going out tonight to celebrate the New Year. My husband DJ'd last night at Club Sanctuary, so we were out really late, and not up for another night out, not to mention that we both prefer to stay at home while all the crazies are on the road! Since we're not going out tonight, I wanted to do a fun party look for my night at the club last night. 


 (Note: If you like darkwave, industrial, gothic, electro or alternative '80s music, you should totally check out my husband's internet radio station, Sanctuary Radio.)

A couple of days ago, I mentioned that I wanted to try to replicate this eyeshadow look by Dee B. on Beautylish. I don't have the Sugarpill Love+ or Asylum that she used (although now that the Burning Heart palette is back in stock, an order has been placed for them!), but I figured I could mix-and-match other things to create something similar. 

This is my version of Dee B.'s Molten Gold look.





Blurry photo shows a bit more shimmer and sparkle:

FACE:
Darling Girl Lemon Corrector under eyes
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
MAC Prep + Prime Face
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC25
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
NARS Orgasm blush

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Meow i-prime
Urban Decay Zephyr as below-brow highlight
Urban Decay Sin + Sidecar blended together in crease
On the lid, I placed a random primary red eyeshadow I bought at Hot Topic years ago that has no brand or shade name
Sugarpill Goldilux stippled over red eyeshadow with a brush damp with Makeup Forever's Mist & Fix
Sugarpill Goldilux on inner V and beneath inner 1/3 of lower lash line
Persephone Cranberry Sauce stippled over Goldilux with a brush damp with MUFE's Mist & Fix
Sleek Chaos Palette - Black on outer corner, blended into crease and beneath outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Glamour Doll Eyes Fire Eater stippled over Goldilux and Cranberry Sauce with a brush damp with MUFE's Mist & Fix
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion lining upper lash line
Smashbox Onyx Limitless Eyeliner on lower waterline
Urban Decay Supercurl mascara
MAC Lingering brow pencil
L'Oreal Raven eyeshadow on brows

LIPS:
MAC Prep + Prime Lip
Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Jenaveve

And if you'd like to look at them, there are some photos from Club Sanctuary beneath the jump!

Blix Moonmaiden and me. My eyes were bugging me, so I wore my glasses last night. :(  But look at how sparkly and pretty Blix's eyes were!!! That's MAC's Jewelmarine glitter. LOVE IT.

Nicole, me, and Blix

Nicole and Blix

That's my husband, DJ Rob, up in the DJ booth. It was hard to get a good photo because of all the fog from the fog machine!

Whoa, psychedelic! Everyone on the dance floor.

Nicole, that's MY drink!

My husband.

Blix's husband, DJ Sn1p3r, with my husband in the background

Blix's and my husbands in the DJ booth

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you did the pink gradient and added in the gold in the inner corner. I like your version better than the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! x

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from fox house if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete