Sunday, December 11, 2011

Look of the Night with Darling Girl Cosmetics

I received an order from Darling Girl Cosmetics yesterday and as I sampled the colors, I knew I had to wear them when I went out last night. I will typically buy samples before ordering a jar, but I ordered a mini jar of Jeweled Taupe eyeshadow after seeing swatches and reading rave, rave reviews of it. I am so glad I did! I told Susan of Darling Girl that I was going to need a 55-gallon drum of this eye shadow. I can't think of a single eye shadow I've ever seen that's prettier than this one. 


This is the description: "Jeweled Taupe is an amazing metallic bronzey taupe with amazing multi-colored shimmers like tiny little jewels ribboned through it." 


It really is. AMAZING, that is. 


Everything I have bought from Darling Girl is amazing, but Jeweled Taupe takes the cake. 


Here's the look I created using Jeweled Taupe and a few other Darling Girl products.

The beadwork necklace and earring set is one of my sister's beautiful creations. I really wish she'd re-open her Etsy shop!









The blurry photo below shows how sparkly the eyeshadow is!


FACE:
Darling Girl Lemon Corrector under eyes
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Darling Girl Virgin blush

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance on lid and brow bone
Detrivore black primer beneath lower lashes
MAC Brule on brow bone
Darling Girl Dragon's Breath in crease and beneath lower lashes
Darling Girl Jeweled Taupe on lid
Smashbox Onyx Limitless Eyeliner on waterline and beneath outer 1/3 of lower lashes
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline lining upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara
MAC Lingering brow pencil
L'Oreal Raven eyeshadow on brows

LIPS:
Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion
Nyx Deep Purple lip pencil
MAC Tender Tryst See-Thru Lip Color
Darling Girl Dragon Pearl Liquid Kisses

6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! And I agree - Jeweled Taupe is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I love the sparkle that Dragon's Breath gives your lower lash line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Jeweled Taupe is a must have... For me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pic that I took of us that shows the sparkles pretty well! I shall post it on my bloggy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put Jeweled Taupe on my wishlists now.

    ReplyDelete