Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post-Christmas Sephora Haul

One of the things I received for Christmas was a generous gift card to Sephora from my boss. When one of my girlfriends asked me tonight if I wanted to go to Sephora, I was ready to go!


This is what I picked up today using the gift card and a whopping $3.57 from my own wallet:



This is what I brought home with me:
  • Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Retrograde
  • Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Adrenaline
  • Sephora by OPI New Year's Red-Solution
  • Sephora by OPI Traffic-Stopper Copper
  • Gucci Guilty Intense 5ml mini bottle (100 point perk)
  • Guerlain Rouge Automatique deluxe sample in 120/Coque D'Or (100 point perk)
  • Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster (free sample)
  • Prada Candy sample


Not bad for $3.57 out of my own pocket, right? 

The instant I tested the UD 24/7 Retrograde liner on the back of my hand, I wanted to dip my entire body in it. It's such a rich, deep purple with so much shimmer. I told my friend that when I'm wearing it, I won't be able to stop looking at my eyes in the mirror! 

The UD Adrenaline lip color is such a gorgeous bright shade of pink (kind of a reddish-fuchsia and less of a hot pink) with tons and tons of sparkle, and even though I can't wear it to work, I am going to love wearing it on the weekends. 

The Sephora by OPI colors grabbed my attention because they are perfectly complimentary colors for the look I'm going to attempt to replicate for my husband's big night DJing tomorrow at Club Sanctuary. Plus, they were on sale for $5 each. Sephora by OPI isn't my favorite nail polish brand, but the colors and the price were perfect. 

The Gucci Guilty Intense mini bottle was a bonus point perk, as was the Guerlain lipstick. I haven't spent any of my bonus points with Sephora in ages and ages, so I have a boatload of points built up and when I took one sniff of Guilty Intense and one look at the gorgeous shade of Guerlain lipstick, I knew it was time to spend some of those points.  I can't get over how good Guilty Intense smells as it swirls around me. It's one of the best perfumes I've encountered in a long, long time. Of course, I adore "florientals", so your mileage may vary. (An intensified olfactory experience, Gucci Guilty Intense adds a twist to Gucci Guilty, making it more provocative, more sensual. Guilty Intense is a warm yet striking oriental floral, which opens to a natural rush that is mandarin - imbued with a modish transparency, shimmering alongside an audacious fist of pink pepper. The middle notes and floral signature of the lilac flower have been enriched with violet accents and made even more feminine with hints of powdery notes. Intensifying the alluring concoction of heady lilac and geranium gives Guilty Intense the vibrant burst of peach resulting in a feminine Eau de Parfum. The base of addictive patchouli and the unique ambery dry down have been greatly enhanced for a darker and more provocative trail. Notes: Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Peach, Lilac, Geranium, Ambery Notes, Patchouli.)  

The Prada Candy sample isn't from Sephora (they don't carry it), but I had to walk through Nordstrom on my way out to my car, so I grabbed a sample in their fragrance department. It is so incredibly delicious. To me, it smells like Pink Sugar grown up into an adult woman with class and confidence.  (Candy is the new feminine fragrance of Prada. It enriches the Prada Fragrance universe with another vision of the brand: colorful, pop and explosive. Prada Candy incarnates the new Prada woman: she's daring, sensual, full of life. The perfume is named after the seductive and joyful girl who is running wild. Top: regressive notes of joyful carefreeness, explosion of caramel; Mid: powdery notes of sophistication, cocktail of musks; Base: vanilla notes of sensuality, benzoin overdose.)

Anyway, enough about all of that. This is what I am absolutely the most excited about: 


I'm not going to go into detail about which 16 colors are in the UD Book of Shadows IV, about the portable speaker and how-to videos that come with it when you plug your smart phone into it, the keychain and additional makeup items, etc., because every beauty blogger and her sister has blogged about it this year, plus you can just read about it here if you like. What I am going to tell you is that it is on sale for $44 (down from $64), which is an exceptional deal. I was already planning to buy the UD 24/7 Liner in Perversion, which is $19 when purchased as a non-palette single item, which means buying the entire palette (which includes Perversion) cost me only an additional $25 to get everything else in the palette (...except it was free to me, as far as my bottom line is concerned, since I paid for it with a gift card)! And that, my friends, is an absolutely phenomenal deal. I already have a couple of the eyeshadow colors in my UD Naked palette, but they're shades I reach for the most, so I don't feel like the duplicates are wasted. And this palette is just so pretty, and functional, and fun. In other words: It is FULL OF WIN!!!


Phew. So that's tonight's haul. I'm ready to go to bed now for the sole purpose of getting through the night more quickly until I can wake up tomorrow and play with all of my pretty new colors and scents. (Already playing with the nail polish and perfume, will add makeup to my beauty funtime tomorrow.)


Thanks for looking, and if any of you had any fun hauls lately, please tell me about them or point me to your blog posts. I love hearing about/looking at all of the fun beauty products you guys come home with. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that finally the BoS is full of the duplicates we love, rather than the same ones every time! Your boss was very generous with that giftcard - does he/she need a new employee? :P Also loving the OPI Traffic Stopper Copper!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete