Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FOTD/EOTD with Darling Grrl!

Earlier this month, Darling Girl Cosmetics released its brand new Darling Grrl! collection. According to Susan of Darling Girl "this is a music themed collection mostly reminiscent of my past love of all things Punk Rock." I'd say it's not only punk, but also seems to overlap a bit with Darkwave. Either way, the shades are named after the music I grew up with, and so as soon as it was released, I absolutely had to try all of them.

The collection was released with 8 eyeshadows and Susan plans to add 2 new shades to the collection every month. Based on what she started with, I'm really excited to see the additions!

I bought samples of all 8 of the currently-released Darling Grrl! eyeshadows, and when I received them, I all but squealed out loud when I saw "Wanna Be Sedated".  All of the colors are gorgeous, but Wanna Be Sedated is the most gorgeous, rich bronzey-brown chock full of pink sparkles (and I may have seen some green sparkles in there, too?) It's definitely in the same Awesomesauce category as Jeweled Taupe, which is my other favorite Darling Girl eye shadow. The only thing about it that makes me sad is that the sparkle just wouldn't show up in pictures for the life of me. It's such an amazing little glitterbomb, yet from my photos, you'd never know it. It's so gorgeous that I want to order a dump truck's worth to unload into a giant swimming pool so I can flounder my entire body around in its total and complete awesomeness!

I pulled 3 of the 8 colors out and put them together for an eye look today. When I put "Vicar In A Tutu" on my eyelids, I almost squealed again. It's described as "cool cucumber green with a subtle pink and orange duo-chrome." I wasn't sure I'd like it, but wow, the pink in it makes the green so super-wearable, and it is so incredibly shimmery and gorgeous. I wish pictures would show how awesomely shimmery it is!

This is the look I created using both Wanna Be Sedated and Vicar In A Tutu along with Friday I'm In Love, which is a really stunning and shimmery blue.

In each of the sets of pics below, the first is taken in natural lighting and the second is taken with flash.

(as always, click on the images for a larger view)









Jewelry by Alicia Stardust of Elements & Artifacts.

FACE:
Darling Girl Salmon Corrector under eyes
Darling Girl Mint Corrector on blemishes (I have a whole bunch right now, boo!)
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes and on blemishes
MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC25
Bobbi Brown yellow powder
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal
Clinique Matte Bronze bronzer to contour cheeks
Red Hot Makeup Flirt blush - the lighter color only to highlight cheeks

EYES:
TFSI
Meow i-prime
MAC Brule on brow bone
Darling Girl Vicar In A Tutu on inner 1/3 of lid and inner 1/3 of lower lash line
Darling Girl Wanna Be Sedated on outer 2/3 of lid and outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Darling Girl Friday I'm In Love in crease
Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner in Perversion to line upper lash line
Benefit They're Real! mascara

NYX Brunette brow powder duo - the darker of the 2 colors on brows


LIPS:
MAC Viva Glam VI lipglass

4 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! I love that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I love these colors!

      Delete
  2. Love how this turned out! I love DG Color Correctors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent so much money over the years on color correctors and concealers -- the salmon color corrector from DG is the first one I've found that I really truly love.

      Delete