Friday, January 20, 2012

Gold & Brown EOTD with Fyrinnae

I was browsing Fyrinnae's website last night, and was sorely tempted to place an order, but as I looked at some of the colors, I had this nagging feeling I already owned them. I looked in my drawers of eyeshadows that I haven't tested yet, and sure enough, there were several Fyrinnae eyeshadows in there! I pulled a few out and decided to create a look with them today.


I had the worst time getting photos today. I think our camera is reaching the end of its life. My husband and I agreed that as our Christmas present to ourselves, we'd get a good point-and-shoot, but he's "still researching." I'm hoping he decides on a new camera soon because I'm tired of taking blurry photos!


Anyway, I typically like to have some consistency in my photos - similar poses in different lighting, etc., but today, you're getting a hodge podge of whatever I took that was almost-sort-of-good-enough to post. 




These first two are taken using natural light:


With flash:


With flash, blurred to show sparklies!

Natural lighting:


With flash:

Natural lighting:

With flash:

FACE:
Darling Girl Lemon Corrector (under eyes)
Boo-Boo Cover Up (under eyes)
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
Geek Chic Nerdgasm blush

EYES:
TFSI
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
MAC Brule on upper brow bone
Fyrinnae Sacred as transition between crease and brow
Fyrinnae Book of Dead all over lid and beneath inner 1/3 of lower lash line
Fyrinnae Sake & Sashimi in crease and beneath outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Fyrinnae Pumpkinfire very lightly applied to outer V
Sephora Nano eyeliner pencil in Coffee on lower waterline
Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner in Perversion lining upper lash line
Benefit They're Real! mascara
MAC Lingering brow pencil

LIPS:
Nyx Auburn lip pencil
MAC Fresh Moroccan lipstick

The gorgeous wire-wrapped necklace was one of the first wire-wrapped designs by Alicia Stardust of Elements & Artifacts. I ended up commissioning her to create some garnet earrings to match the garnet necklace. I get complimented on the set all the time. Here are some close-ups. Again, not the best photos...but amazing artwork. You can see Alicia Stardust's original photos here, as well as read up on the various shinies that went into creating this lovely piece.



4 comments:

  1. hey, those earings are stunning! I am so digging gold right now so i really loved to see your gold eye example, i use a lot of urban decays gold shadows...just loving the gold right now thank you for doing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pixie! I'm loving golds, too. I'll probably continue to wear a lot of them for a while!

      Delete
  2. Lovely eye look, I need to use my Fyrinnae neutrals more too, they are so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Fyrinnae is phenomenal and I adore their neutrals!

      Delete