Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NTMS Challenge - Black & White (with Sugarpill)

The challenge this past week on Never Too Much Sparkle was "Black & White." I ended up doing two looks. One was more dramatic and, for me, definitely experimental. The other was much more quotidian -- something I'd wear to the office.  I did both looks using nothing but Sugarpill eyeshadows and Chromalusts (not counting the eyeliners and mascara).

I think doing two such different looks using two of the same basic eyeshadow color shows how versatile Sugarpill really is. You can go big and bold with it, but you can also go soft and understated, too.

This is the first eye look I did using Tako, Bulletproof, Lumi, and Stella:

I'm so mad that there was a rogue hair on my face that I didn't know about!



This is the second eye look I did using Tako and Bulletproof:


7 comments:

  1. Am I cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, or is anyone else getting a 'bird of prey' vibe from the first look? I like it a lot, especially the little glimpses of blue sheen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what it reminded me of, too!

      Delete
  2. I love both of the looks! Now I'm jonesing for some Sugarpill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I always heard such great things about Sugarpill, and now that I own a bunch, I totally see why!

      Delete
  3. LOVE that first look! You did an amazing job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the first look you did! I always find myself a little nervous when trying something new like that and over thinking it.

    You did a brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the definition of this look
    sooo dramatic!!!

    ReplyDelete