Saturday, January 28, 2012

NTMS Challenge - Blix Remix!

This week's challenge on Never Too Much Sparkle! is to do a "Blix Remix" - basically, to re-create a look from Blix of Glitter Is My Crack... I immediately thought of three different looks I'd try to re-create, and figured I'd post the one that turned out the best. I only ended up doing one (so far!) because I thought it turned out well.

Blix wore THIS LOOK back in December on a night I went out with her and her husband. I was admiring her eye makeup that night, and when she told me used the Coastal Scents Winterberry palette, I was excited to try the same look since I have that palette, too. So that's the look I decided to re-create today. Here's how it turned out.
(as always, click on the images for a larger view)


The first image in each of set below is taken with natural lighting and the second image in each set is taken with flash.





If you look really closely in the below photo,
you can see in my eye the reflection of me taking a picture of myself! 




This last photo is or Morgana Cryptoria's Speakeasy, which Blix wore her on her lips in the original look, too.  I don't post pics of my lips often because I have a hard time getting good shots, since my lips definitely aren't my best feature. Even though my lips are pretty dry in this photo, it's such an incredibly gorgeous color that I had to share. 


Coastal Scents Winterberry palette:


FACE:
Benefit Erase Paste (under eyes)
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
My Pretty Zombie duochrome blush in MDMA

EYES:
Too Faced Show Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
Winterberry 4 on inner corner, upper and lower
Winterberry 3 on inner V
Winterberry 11 all over lid
Winterberry 12 on outer V and in crease
Winterberry 9 beneath lower lash line
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner lining upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara
L'Oreal Raven eyeshadow on brows
Ardell #110 lashes

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria lipstick in Speakeasy

8 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks are always so pretty and this one is so colourful, perfect for Spring and Summer love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun challenge! Blix does so many amazing looks! You did a great job recreating this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun to try it, even though our features are so different I knew it wouldn't look exactly the same.

      Delete
  3. I still have yet to order from Coastal Scents. I do like that they have the smaller palettes now. I think the 88's and the 120's are just a little overwhelming. Too many choices! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two of the 88 palettes and didn't even touch them until this week. I wanted to use a pink color and when I opened one of the palettes, I had so many options, I didn't know which one to use! as soon as I chose one and used it, I saw another one that would have been better. Still, the colors are really highly pigmented and I should use them more!

      Delete
  4. Oh good grief..absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete