Sunday, February 19, 2012

LOTN - Blue and Red and White

I've been wanting to wear a gorgeous blue blingy eyeshadow  (Bellbottom Blues Bling Tone Eyeshadow by MyFace Cosmetics) that I got in my latest Beauty Army box, but it's such a vibrant, strong blue, and since I'm a bit gun-shy about blues, I've been waiting for just the right time to experiment with it.

With President's Day coming up tomorrow here in the USA, I guess I was feeling a bit patriotic last night. I really wanted to wear Bellbottom Blues, so I decided to pair it up with some red and white, but I wanted to avoid looking like the American Flag or Uncle Sam. This is what I created.






FACE:
Darling Girl Salmon Corrector under eyes
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
Sephora Mineral Foundation in Claire Light 21
Smashbox HALO powder
Detrivore Apocalyptic blush

EYES:
TFSI around entire eye area where shadow would be placed
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy around entire eye area where shadow would be placed
Geek Chic Kingslayer around tear duct and on brow bone
Aromaleigh v1 Velvet Dream on inner 2/3 of lid and beneath inner 1/3 of lower lash line
MyFace Cosmetics Bellbottom Blues on outer 1/3 of lid, in crease, and beneath outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Sugarpill Asylum Chromalust stippled over middle 1/3 of lid (on top of Velvet Dream and Bellbottom Blues) with a damp brush
Sugarpill Lumi lightly dusted over brow bone, over Bellbottom Blues, and dabbed onto outer corner of eye
Ben Nye MagiColor Cream Pencil in Black MC-1 on upper and lower waterlines
Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in Blackest Black lining upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil in Seal Brown

LIPS:
MAC Naked To The Core lipstick
NYX Frosted Beige Mega Shine Lip Gloss

6 comments:

  1. cool combo! like the british flag, or the US! but then, asylum never let's you down, right! can't get enough of SugarPill!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the British flag, too! Asylum is amazing. Sometimes, I like to open my jar and just look at it because it's so damn pretty.

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty! I love that the rust-red and denim blue don't look over the top costumey patriotic, but it still gets the point across. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This red-blue-white turned out awesome! Love how you wore these colors together! And very patriotic without being over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this colour combo! Normally, I can't get away with wearing blue shades on my eyes, but I think you've just shown me how to do it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! And thank you. :). I have always struggled with blue, but I've found that pairing it with other colors makes it much more wearable. I'm finally getting to enjoy my pretty blues and hope you will, too!

      Delete