Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mellow Yellow - Never Too Much Sparkle Challenge

This week's Never Too Much Sparkle challenge is "Mellow Yellow." I have never done a predominantly yellow look and it scared me! I started with one look, but disliked it, so I started grabbing random colors and packing them on to cover up the ugly look and try to make something wearable. I finally ended up with the look below, but telling you exactly what I used is going to be tough. You'll see that below the pictures is another photo of one of the palettes I used -- the Coastal Scents 88 Cool Shimmer Palette. I have no idea which colors I placed where, so I just put big X's on the colors I used. (Apologies also for the quality of that photo -- I took it on the fly after I'd used the shadows.) Sorry I wasn't more precise about everything! It was pretty much a random look that I put together as I went along.

My husband just said I look like I've done a partial clown face. :(

As always, click on the photos to view larger images.






FACE:
Tarte Dark Circle Defense under eyes
Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream Shade 21
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder
Benefit Hoola bronzer
Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst

EYES:
TFSI
MAC Claire de Lune around tear duct area
Sugarpill Buttercupcake in center of lid
Sugarpill Flamepoint on outer lid
Sugarpill Love+ on outer lid
Sugarpill Midori beneath lower lash line
Sleek Curious palette - black satin shade in crease
MAC Brule as transition color above crease
Coast Scents 88 Color Cool Shimmer Palette - see photo above to see what other colors I used on inner V, lid, and browbone
Benefit HighBrow on lower waterline
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brown Pencil in Seal Brown

LIPS:
A random chocolate brown lip liner I have
Sugarpill Flamepoint around outer edges of corners of lips
Sugarpill Buttercupcake in center of lips
Evil Shades Zombie Gloss in Antivirus

8 comments:

  1. I really like that eye look! Yellow is one of the few shades in makeup that I really shy away from, but I love how you've softened it by adding different colors in the crease and outer corner and anchoring it with the dark black liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I recently discovered I *can* wear blue if I wear it with the right mix of other colors, so I was hoping that would work with yellow, too. I think it turned out not half bad!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors you put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was a HUGE challenge for me, and I think it came out okay!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had fun stepping out of my comfort zone again :)

      Delete