Thursday, March 8, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games - Riveting, Electrify, and Harvest Moon

I bought four of the new China Glaze Hunger Games nail polishes last week -- Riveting, Electrify, Harvest Moon, and Luxe and Lush. I love the first three. Riveting is the most beautiful orange-orange color with flashes of yellow sparkle. Electrify is a stunning red and gold glitter in a clear base. Harvest Moon is a rich chocolate-copper with copper-gold sparkle. The colors are beautiful and I will wear them a lot, particularly in the fall when I tend to wear these shades more often.

However, despite really liking those three, I have never hated a nail polish as much as I hate Luxe and Lush. It is thick and heavy, really difficult to apply, dries very slowly, and the some of the flecks are so gigantic that they cover the smaller flecks and don't distribute evenly on the nail at all. They hang off the tip of the nail the way some bar glitters do, and even when covered in several layers of top coat, the nail surface is still chunky and lumpy. Getting the Luxe and Lush nail polish off is almost impossible, even with straight acetone, and the flakes make a huge mess -- they get all over the place during removal. I tried it over a pretty sapphire color and I tried it alone on my fingers. The effect is pretty, but honestly, for a flakie, I prefer my Essie Shine of the Times over Luxe and Lush. I'd return the bottle of Luxe and Lush if I could! I didn't get any photos of it, but maybe I'll try it again this weekend and post photos. But I'd rather not because it's so tedious to work with.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of Riveting, Electrify, and Harvest Moon.

In this photo, I'm wearing Riveting on all nails, and Electrify over one accent nail. It was taken in direct sunlight.


This next photo is slightly blurry and taken with flash. You can really see the yellow sparkle in it. 


The next two photos of Harvest Moon were taken in direct sunlight at different angles -- the first photo shows the base color pretty clearly, while the second photo shows the way this nail polish shimmers and shines in the light. So pretty!



For both nail looks, I wore a nail hardener as a base coat, three coats of each primary nail polish (only one coat of Electrify on the accent nail), and one layer of Seche Vite top coat. 

I'm going to go get a couple more of these Hunger Games polishes. When I do, I'll post more swatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment