Saturday, March 10, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games - Stone Cold Swatches

I picked up Stone Cold from the new China Glaze Hunger Games collection to go with the other colors I already have. I love matte polish looks, so I was excited to try this one. It does not disappoint! It goes on smoothly, dries really, really quickly, and has a really nice, matte, flat, smooth, stone-like finish. It's really pretty.

The only thing I don't like is that in order to keep the matte finish, I can't put on a top coat, which means my polish will chip like crazy. I did put a top coat on so I could show the difference of the color with and without a top coat, but when I wear it in the future, I won't wear a top coat (unless my matte top coat works!)

These three photos are all without a top coat:




These photos are taken with Seche Vite top coat over the matte polish. It's still very, very pretty, but doesn't have that matte, natural stone finish that I like so much. It reminds me more of polished marble. 



Do you have any of the China Glaze Hunger Games polishes? Which ones and what do you think of them? 

1 comment:

  1. I have Smoke and Ashes, Riveting, and Harvest Moon. The only one I've worn so far, is Harvest Moon. The formula was a little funky, but the color more than makes up for it. I <3 copper.

    ReplyDelete