Sunday, March 4, 2012

Geek Chic Storybook Love Swatches

I received my Storybook Love eyeshadows, blush, and solid perfume yesterday. I'm not sure why I didn't order the lippie from the collection. I'll have to do that with my next order.

These are such beautiful colors, so I wanted to swatch them for you.

My favorite of the bunch is Prepare To Die, which is described as "a creamsicle, orange pastel pearl." It's beautiful with my skin tone and will be a lovely as a single-color wash.

All of the eyeshadow colors remind me of Easter Eggs. They're all strong pastels, and although I tend to shy away from pastels, they're all so pretty that I will likely use them as highlight or accent colors.

Obviously, I couldn't swatch the solid scent Wuv, Twue Wuv for you, or I would have! Trust me, it's a really, really pretty scent, and I think everyone should buy it. The description is, "This scent evokes visions of springtime and the summer love that follows. Freeseas, frangipanis and plumeria sprout from under raspberry roots, breathing the citrus-laden air of melons, cherries, apples and pears."  The scent is really beautiful, the solid scent formula is really nice, and the fragrance lasts on my skin for a long time. Love it! Plus, it's called Wuv, Twue Wuv, and what Princess Bride fan wouldn't adore telling people that's the fragrance she's wearing?

And now, on to the swatches...

I took photos in both indirect natural light and in direct, bright sunlight. 

Top row: Prepare to Die, Inconceivable!
Bottom row: Dream of Large Women, As You Wish...


Rotten Miracles Blush
Patted on heavily on right, blended out on the left

The following photos were taken in direct, bright sunlight.


Top row: Prepare to Die, Inconceivable!
Bottom row: Dream of Large Women, As You Wish...



Rotten Miracles blush
Patted on heavily on right, blended out on the left


Close-up shots of all of the eyeshadows:
Prepare to Die
Inconceivable!

Dream of Large Women

As You Wish...


These are blurry so you can really see the sparkle:

Prepare To Die

Inconceivable!

Dream of Large Women

 As You Wish...

Here is a full-face shot of me wearing these four shadows and blush. You can't really see Inconceivable, as I wore it as an accent color on the outer half of my lower lash line. Sorry about that!

FACE:
Benefit Erase Paste under eyes
Diorshow Forever Foundation #20
Geek Chic Rotten Miracles blush

EYES:
TFSI
Geek Chic Prepare to Die in crease and tear duct area
Geek Chic As You Wish on lid
Geek Chic Dream of Large Women on outer 1/4 of lid and beneath inner 2/3 of lower lash line
Geek Chic Inconceivable! beneath outer 1/3 of lower lash line (you can't see this color in the photo - so sorry!)
MAC Brule on brow bone
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil in Seal Brown
Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in Blackest Black lining upper lash line

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria Zinnia lipstick

6 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head, these shades do remind me of my childhood Easter baskets! They're so pretty. And of course I love the Princess Bride names :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What great colors! I definitely need get out of my neutral rut and start wearing some spring colors! Thanks for the swatches! And the fragrance sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic colors! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh . . . I MUST have the Storybook colors (but I haven't even yet tried the small sample order I got from Geek Chic around Black Friday; I need to get going on that!).

    ReplyDelete