Monday, March 5, 2012

Running Late For Work LOTD

I was running so late for work this morning, so I only had time to throw on a really quick face. I wanted to try another of my Darling Girl taupe-colored eyeshadow samples, so I chose Taupe A La Mode as a single-color wash. I also wanted to use one of my new Morgana Cryptoria lipsticks, but I also wanted to use my Darling Girl Taupe Secret Holo-Gloss, so I decided to wear both.

One of the girls at work absolutely oooohed and aaaahed over the Taupe A La Mode. It's described as "Greyed brown aka taupe with silvery blue flash and blue sparkles." It has the most gorgeous blue duochrome sheen, and I just fell in love with it. I don't wear blue well, but I've found when it's blended with brown or taupe, it's really pretty on me. I love this eyeshadow color!

(as always, click on the pictures to view a larger image.)






FACE:
Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation 1.2
Tarte Dark Circle Defense around entire eye area
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
ICING Pink Blush

EYES:
TFSI
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
MAC Brule on brow bone
Darling Girl Taupe A La Mode over entire lid and beneath lower lash line
MAC Waveline Fluidline along upper lash line
Sephora Advanced Lash Booster mascara on lower lashes
Fresh Firebird mascara on upper lashes
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria Twisted Apple Plum lipstick
Darling Girl Taupe Secret Holo-Gloss in center of lips

5 comments:

  1. Holy CRAP I need that color!
    I also want Jeweled Taupe from DG too... SOOO many wants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Jewelled Taupe, and I keep giving samples of it away so people can enjoy its awesomeness. I need to get another jar of it! Curious also gives Jewelled Taupe a run for its money -- I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. ***DERP***
    And you look GORGEOUS by the way.
    I'm leaving comments in doubles lately hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I would be ooh-ing and aah-ing over Taupe a la Mode, too! This is just too gorgeous, definitely not what I see when I think of a "running late" look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous as always and Taupe a la Mode looks amazeballs on you!

    ReplyDelete