Friday, March 16, 2012

Shiro Cosmetics The Tribute Collection Swatches

Last night, I received my samples from The Tribute Collection, Shiro Cosmetics' nod to The Hunger Games series. The colors are all so beautiful that I wanted to swatch them right away. I did a look with four of them today, so keep your eyes peeled for that post tomorrow!

I apologize for the awkward spacing in the photos/text below. Blogger was being an uncooperative butt!

Here are what the sample baggies look like. (As always, click on each photo below to view a larger image.)

Top row, L-R: Baker's Boy, Beyond the Fence, Cornucopia
2nd row, L-R: Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, Huntress
3rd row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers

The next two photos were taken in indirect, natural light:

Top row, L-R: Baker's Boy, Beyond the Fence, Cornucopia
Bottom row, L-R: Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, Huntress



Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers


All of the below photos were taken in direct sunlight at different angles so you can see the sparkles, color shifts, etc. 

Top row, L-R: Baker's Boy, Beyond the Fence, Cornucopia
Bottom row, L-R: Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, Huntress


Top row, L-R: Baker's Boy, Beyond the Fence, Cornucopia
Bottom row, L-R: Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, Huntress


Top row, L-R: Baker's Boy, Beyond the Fence, Cornucopia
Bottom row, L-R: Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, Huntress


Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers


Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers


Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers


Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers



Top row, L-R: Mockingjay, Rebellion, Remake
Bottom row, L-R: Star-Crossed, Unforgettable, Wildflowers


I think my hands-down favorite is Baker's Boy, which is a shimmer light golden brown with blue shimmer. It's so pretty and would be a stunning single-color wash or highlight color. I'll probably wear it the most.

My other favorites are Ever In Your Favor, Girl On Fire, and Unforgettable. They're all so rich in color and depth and shimmer.

The strangest one is Star-Crossed, which is supposed to be a "blackened copper-brown." Maybe my sample wasn't mixed properly, but it comes across as a sort of dark, moss-greenish-black with streaks of copper-gold. And when I say streaks, I mean streaks. Before I try wearing this one, I will shake and stir my baggie to see if I can get the gold to blend better with the darker greenish-black-brown. 

All in all, this is a gorgeous collection and I definitely see at least one full-size in my future (Baker's Boy), if not more. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Collection. I am definitely going to get the set soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I really love Unforgettable! I can't wait to see the look you did using these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! I still need to check out Shiro! I see why you like bakers boy!

    ReplyDelete