Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chinovi Cosmetics - Swatches, Review & EOTD



Chinovi Cosmetics is a new indie mineral makeup company that just opened this week. Prior to opening, the company was offering free samples to people who emailed in for them. In exchange, the owner, Vanessa, asked for some feedback. When I emailed her, she asked what colors I like, and I told her pink, peach, champagne, brown, purple, sage green, and taupe.

I received my free Chinovi samples yesterday. The sample bags were neatly packed in a larger zip bag.


When I opened the bag, I found 12 (yes TWELVE!!!) large sample baggies, a questionnaire for me to provide some feedback about the products that had a handwritten note on the other side of it, and two business cards.


All of the colors are various shades of the colors I'd indicated I like, and as soon as I saw them all, I couldn't wait to swatch and test them out!

Following are swatches in indirect sunlight, direct sunlight, as well as an EOTD using a few of the colors. Below that will be my review, which to give you a little advance notice -- is VERY VERY VERY positive. :)

The following photos were taken in indirect sunlight:

Top L-R: Bubble, Candy Hearts, Princess, Sunrise
Middle L-R: First Day, Business, Meltdown, Alien
Bottom L-R: Hiccup, Marquee, Secrets, Unicorn

L-R: Bubble, Candy Hearts, Princess, Sunrise

L-R: First Day, Business, Meltdown, Alien

L-R: Hiccup, Marquee, Secrets, Unicorn


The following photos were all taken in direct sunlight.

Top L-R; Bubble, Candy Hearts, Princess, Sunrise
Middle L-R: First Day, Business, Meltdown, Alien
Bottom L-R: Hiccup, Marquee, Secrets, Unicorn





L-R: Bubble, Candy Hearts, Princess, Sunrise


L-R: First Day, Business, Meltdown, Alien

L-R: Hiccup, Marquee, Secrets, Unicorn

And here's the EOTD wearing Marquee (outer lid, crease, lower lash line), Bubble (inner V/duct area), Alien (center lid), and Business (upper crease).






While these samples were sent free of charge, please know that that all opinions are my own. And let me just say, my opinion is that these mineral eyeshadows ROCK REALLY HARD!

Chinovi Cosmetics has the best eyeshadows.

I do not mean they are the best mineral eyeshadows. I do not mean they are the best eyeshadows I've tried in recent months. I am making a big, bold statement, and that is this:

Chinovi Cosmetics has the best eyeshadows I have ever used. 


When I try a new mineral makeup company, I don't typically have very high expectations. So many indies start up without the proper R&D, and their products don't blow me away. So when I received these samples, I didn't have low expectations, but my expectations weren't high at all. The moment I swatched the first color, my eyes got big, my heart started racing, and I nervously began to wonder if all of the rest of the swatches were going to be quite as awesome as the first -- and they were.


These colors are so super highly pigmented, have the most amazingly silky slip, blend beautifully without even the faintest hint of balding, have a really nice level of sparkle and shimmer, and are overall truly amazingly high-quality eyeshadows. 


When shopping at Chinovi, if you want to buy samples, you can choose between baggies or clamshells. I love that we're given that choice! 8 sample bags are $5, 13 clamshells are $10, or 20 clamshells are $15. It doesn't look like Chinovi is selling full sizes yet, but especially for a brand new company, they have a really good selection of colors, and I will absolutely be ordering more samples very soon so I can try even more of her amazing eyeshadows.


I'm so uber-impressed with Chinovi's eyeshadows, that I really hope they'll broaden their offerings and eventually branch out into blushes and lip products. I'm excited to see what else they'll do.


On a scale of 1-10, Chinovi eyeshadows go to 11. 

4 comments:

  1. I must try these, I've been curious about this company ever since I first read Vanessa's blog post about starting to formulate shadows for the company she was planning to open. That was a while ago and I'm pleased to hear such amazing things about the products so far! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice to hear about a brand new company.
    I read how SwatchFreak like them a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to road test a sample pack as well, and ITA with you on the quality of the shadows. I <3 how buttery and blendable they are, plus Vanessa sent shades that were perfect for me. :)

    I really need to write a full review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharron, I'm so glad you had a similar experience with Chinovi. "Buttery" is such a perfect word for how they went on. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with and can't wait to try some more of her colors.

      Delete