Sunday, April 15, 2012

For the Love of Taupe

I haven't been posting this week because it's been a crazy week! I spent the first three days busting butt at my day job because I knew I was going to be out the last two days of the week. My mom had both of her knees replaced on Thursday, so I've spent most of my time driving back-and-forth between home and the hospital. The surgery went perfectly. My mom is struggling with pain, but that was to be expected. She's in good spirits, and that's 90% of the battle right there! She'll be back on her feet in no time, I'm sure.

This is a look I did over a month ago. I love the colors and wanted to make sure I got this look posted eventually, and since I haven't been taking photos this week, it seemed as good a time as any!


The primary color on my lids is Darling Girl's Muddy Waters eyeshadow, that, according to the website, is a cool gray-brown taupe with a strong turquoise interference. However, to my eyes, the turquoise is significantly more green than blue. The brown is definitely muddy -- if you've ever been to New Orleans and seen the color of the Mississippi River there, that's exactly the color of the brown-gray in this shade. 





The color on my lips is Morgana Cryptoria's Twisted Apple Plum lipstick with Darling Girl's Taupe Secret Holo-Gloss over it. The Taupe Secret really toned down the reds and pink shimmer in the TAP, and I love how the overall shade turned out. Taupe Secret is a sheer taupe with blue holo-shimmer. It's really pretty and I love the way the blue shimmer isn't in-your-face blue, but makes the taupe gloss wearable and interesting. 



The necklace is a beautiful, beaded piece my sister designed and created. I have so many pieces of beaded jewelry that she made, and I love them all, but this is definitely among my all-time favorites. I love the smoky topaz beads with the burgundy Swarovskis. So pretty!


FACE:
Tarte Dark Circle Defense around entire eye area
Smashbox Studio Skin 1.2 foundation
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
ICING blush (doesn't have a name. Boo!)

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
MAC Brule on brow bone and tear duct area
Darling Girl Muddy Waters over entire lid and beneath lower lash line
MAC Waveline Fluidline on upper lash line
Benefit HighBrow on lower waterline
Fresh Firebird mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria Twisted Apple Plum lipstick
Darling Girl Taupe Secret Holo-Gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment