Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Favorite Red Lipstick

Today's look was all about the red lips. I used to wear nothing but red lipstick, so I have owned many, many beautiful red lipsticks over the years, but there is one that transcends them all in it's utter and complete awesomesauceness, and that is Estee Lauder's Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in "1EO Classic Red." This red lipstick is the most perfect, true red and the color lasts on me for about six hours, even when I've been eating and drinking.

Estee Lauder no longer sells it on their website, but you can get it here at Apothica.com. The product listing mentions that it has a "delicate fig scent," which I never noticed before, but now that I know it's there, I can kind of sort of smell it. It's very, very subtle, so if you don't like figs or scented products, don't let that steer you away from the most amazeballs red lipstick in the universe!

Do you have a favorite red lipstick? I'd love you to point me to it, show me pictures of it, and tell me about it!

This was my face today. I can't put into words how much I love this red lipstick!









FACE:
Cover FX Skin Prep primer
Mineralogie Cream Concealer U3 under eyes
MyFace Cosmetics Mymix Foundation (Fair 02)
Rock-A-Betty Beauty Suck It Up powder
NARS Orgasm blush

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
MAC Saddle on lower brow bone/upper crease
Chinovi Cosmetics Business on inner 1/4 of eyelid, tear duct area, and beneath inner 1/4 of lower lash line
Chinovi Cosmetics Meltdown on outer 3/4 of eyelid, outer V, and beneath lower lash line
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion lining upper lashes
Fresh Supernova mascara on upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara on lower lashes
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
Anastasia Brow Fix

LIPS:
Avon Anew Line Filling Lip Liner in Clear
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in 1EO Classic Red

3 comments:

  1. This look is so perfect on you! You look both fresh and classy. I love it to pieces<3

    ReplyDelete