Friday, May 11, 2012

First Experience with Dior Eye Shadows

I have never had the opportunity to try a Dior eye shadow before because they're just so dang pricey. However, I was lucky enough to swap some of my unloved makeup over on makeupalley.com in exchange for a Dior 5-shadow palette, and was really excited to try it out. 


I LOVE these shadows. They applied like butter. They went on so smoothly, blended so easily they practically blended themselves, and all day they stayed put and looked gorgeous and shimmery and perfect. I kept stopping in front of mirrors to check out the pretty colors on my eyelids. I think this is one of those cases where you really do get what you pay for. I wish I had the fundage to buy more Dior eye shadows, but I don't. I guess I'll have to add them to Christmas and birthday wish lists!











FACE:
Mineralogie Cream Concealer #U3
MAC Studio Fix NC25
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder NC25
Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder
Smashbox Fusion Softlights in Baked Starburst
Guerlain Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder in Teint Rose

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Dior Earth Reflections Soft Gold on inner ¼ of lid and tear duct area
Dior Earth Reflections Bronze over the rest of the lid
Dior Earth Reflections Dark Brown in crease and beneath lower lash line
Dior Earth Reflections Golden Pink in center of lid
Dior Earth Reflections Champagne to transition between crease and brow bone
MAC Brule on brow bone
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil in Seal Brown
MAC Brun and MAC Charcoal Brown on brows
Anastasia Brow Fix
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lash line
Benefit They’re Real! mascara

LIPS:
MAC Rebel lipstick lightly applied and blotted
MAC Rebel lipglass

2 comments: