Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flower Power Challenge LOTD with Chinovi

This week's challenge in a makeup group I'm part of was "Flower Power." 


This was my entry to the Flower Power showcase, but it didn't turn out remotely as I imagined it in my mind's eye. I'm just not enough of an artist. Still, I liked how the colors worked together.


I liked the colors enough that I wanted to use them to create a more wearable look to wear to work today. I took all but the black shadow used to outline the "flower petals" and created this more wearable look. Yellow isn't the best color on me because I have such a heavy yellow undertone to my skin, but so what? I love yellow and refuse to discriminate against it!







I don't know what was going on with my hair in this photo. Crazy hair!


FACE:
Mineralogie cream concealer #U3 under eyes
Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer
Darling Girl Pink Outrage shimmer blush
Guerlain Meteorites finishing powder in Teint Rose

I used all of the same colors on my eyes in the second look as I did with the first look, with two exceptions: In the first look, I used Chinovi Clover on my brows, and I used Chinovi Amen to line the petals and Chinovi Gossip to provide a bit of lighter green highlighting to the darker green tendrils around the eyes.

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
Chinovi Hot Cocoa on outer 2/3 of lid and beneath outer 1/3 of lower lash line
Sugarpill Goldilux stippled w/ wet brush on outer 2/3 of lid over Hot Cocoa
Chinovi Speechless on inner 1/3 of lid, tear duct area, and immediately under brow arch
Chinovi Hello in crease
Chinovi Clover applied with Rock-A-Betty Beauty’s Wet Spot under lower lash line
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Benefit High Brow on lower waterline
Benefit They’re Real! mascara on lower lashes
Fresh Firebird mascara on upper lashes
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
MAC Brun eyeshadow on brows
Anastasia Brow Fix

LIPS:
MAC Pink Treat cremestick liner
Tick:Tock Cosmetics Friday I’m In Love lip gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment