Saturday, May 5, 2012

MAC Heroine Lipstick

I haven't blogged in a few days because I caught a nasty stomach flu. It was the sickest I've ever been -- and I'm not exaggerating! Ugh! Anyway, I'm still not 100% (almost, though!), but I did want to blog about a really pretty new lipstick I bought -- MAC Heroine from the Reel Sexy collection.

I'm in an online makeup group, Never Too Much Sparkle, and the women there have been going crazy over this particular lipstick. I tried not to pay too much attention because, as pretty as it is, I knew it was impossible to find and going for three or four times cost on eBay. However, I stopped at the MAC counter yesterday to pick up something for one of the international girls in the group, and on a whim, I asked if they had Heroine. They had just received a very small, surprise shipment of it! I took one look, and I understood why there's so much love for it. It's really beautiful, and in my collection at least, fairly unique. Of course I bought it!

The official MAC description is "bright violet/purple." It's definitely bright, and the violet purple has pretty blue undertones. It  has a matte finish, but isn't drying at all. It goes on smoothly and evenly, but it does leave a stain on the lips.

Heroine, in indirect sunlight:


Heroine, taken with flash:


And here's a full-face shot of me wearing Heroine this morning:


Would I pay $30-$45 on eBay for it? Probably not, because I don't really roll that way. But, if you live near a MAC store or MAC counter, stop by again and see if they received a restock shipment of it. If they did, you'll probably be glad you checked.

2 comments:

  1. I bought two tubes of Heroine, I may have found love at last lol. I love how it looks on you, it is definitely universal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great, isn't it? I'm glad you're loving it, too. :)

      Delete