Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moon Rabbit Cosmetics' Lunar Bunny Club - May 2012

Moon Rabbit Cosmetics' logo shamelessly yoinked, with love, from the website

I'm in a makeup group with Jessica, the owner of Moon Rabbit Cosmetics, and so I've been curious about her shadows for a while. I got to test a couple out when a friend sent me some samples recently, and I liked them a lot, but I placed my own very first order when she announced her Lunar Bunny Club. Here is a description for the Lunar Bunny Club 3-month membership, which I purchased for $13:

"A full sized product for the next three full moons. This product could be an eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, whatever awesome concoction I have made to share especially with you for this lunar cycle. Sometimes you may receive more than one item. It all depends on what I have cooked up." 

This month's Lunar Bunny Club package arrived today. In the envelope was a small package with not one, but two products in it!


When I opened it up, there was a handwritten note from Jess thanking me for the purchase and letting me know what this month's Lunar Bunny Club product is -- an eyeshadow called "Milk Moon." She also indicated the extra item was a full size sample of a new product, a lipstick called "Victory Garden." Score! She also included a business card.



The eyeshadow came with a sealed sifter, but I popped it out so I could get a good photo of the eye shadow. It's a beautiful silver-gray satin with subtle blue-silver sparkles scattered throughout.


Here are swatches of the Milk Moon eye shadow. I couldn't capture the sparkle at all -- but it really is very subtle anyway.


Victory Garden lipstick is a sheer, orangey-red. I've been looking for something like this for ages, so I am very excited about it. It's beautiful, definitely sheer, and feels really good on my lips, almost like a balm.


Here is Victory Garden swatched on the back of my hand and also on my lips.



All in all, I'm very happy with the first month of my Lunar Bunny Club membership and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

4 comments:

  1. I like the look of the products! LOVE the lippie packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the idea of the 3 month membership. I love the lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy a 1-month, 3- month, or (I think) 6-month membership. I think it's a great value, and a good way to try a variety of products.

      Delete
    2. You can buy a 1-month, 3- month, or (I think) 6-month membership. I think it's a great value, and a good way to try a variety of products.

      Delete