Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gradient Mani with Zoya Birchbox Bloggers Collection

I purchased the Zoya Blogger Collection by Birchbox about six weeks ago. When I first saw it, I just knew I had to have all three beautiful colors for summertime wear. I am really happy with the colors.

Kate is described as a pinkish grapefruit. Coraline is described as a warm, juicy tangerine. Belle is described as a coppery pink with miscroscopic iridescent glitter.


You can see which one I've used the most of! Coraline is such a beautiful tangerine jelly. When paired with the other two, though, things are just off-the-hook gorgeous!

I decided to do a gradient mani using Coraline and Kate with a layer of Belle on top. I had a little trouble getting a perfect gradient, but I'm still really happy with the mani. It's really pretty!

The polish in this photo is Coraline: 

The polish in this photo is Kate: 

The polish in this photo is Belle: 


I started with a layer of Seche Rebuild (my nails are starting to flake again, boo!). Then I applied a coat of CND Stickey base. Next, I applied two full coats of Coraline. Then I sponged several coats of both Coraline and Kate on top to create the gradient. Over that, I applied two very thick layers of Seche Vite.

With all of those layers of polish, my nails looks thick like I had acrylics done, but hopefully it'll help the mani last longer than it typically would and help strengthen my nails in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute manicure! I like the gradient effect with the shimmer on top.

    ReplyDelete