Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The "Not An '80s Band" Collection from Darling Girl Cosmetics

Note: Several weeks after this post was written, the name of the collection and the eyeshadow color names were changed. This post reflects all of the new/current names.

I am a child of the '80s and I looooove '80s music (and a certain band that shall remain unnamed for legal purposes)!

A couple months ago, Susan of Darling Girl Cosmetics and I were discussing our mutual love for [unnamed popular '80s band], when Susan had the idea that we should collaborate on a collection of eyeshadows inspired by the music of this band. So we put our heads together, came up with a list of songs we loved, and eye shadow colors/finishes that we should thought would represent each song.

And thus was born the Not An '80s Band collection of Darling Girl mineral eyeshadows.

I received samples of the colors today and couldn't wait to swatch them. Unfortunately, I forgot to pull the shade in the room where I took the photos, so the swatches are lighter on the left half from the sunlight and darker on the right half from the shadow. :/   (All swatches are over Darling Girl Glitter Glue.)

Here you go, the Not An '80s Band collection in all its glory.

Top row, L-R: After You've Gone, Blue Silver, Cut Me Deep, Shooting Star
Middle row, L-R: Miles From Nowhere, On The Hunt, Tell Me Now, Lonely Satellite
Bottom row, L-R: No Sign of Life, Dancing on the Sand, One Night Stand, Razor's Edge


L-R: After You've Gone, Blue Silver, Cut Me Deep, Shooting Star

L-R: Miles From Nowhere, On The Hunt, Tell Me Now, Lonely Satellite

L-R: No Sign of Life, Dancing on the Sand, One Night Stand, Razor's Edge

I randomly took a few up-close photos to show you the sparkles in the colors:

L-R: Cut Me Deep, Shooting Star

On The Hunt

No Sign Of Life

Top to bottom: Shooting Star, Cut Me Deep, Blue Silver, After You've Gone
(Look at all the pink sparkle in Shooting Star!!!!)

Top to Bottom: On The Hunt, Miles From Nowhere, Shooting Star, Cut Me Deep

Top to Bottom: Razor's Edge, One Night Stand, Dancing on the Sand, No Sign of Life, Lonely Satellite, Tell Me Now

Here are individual swatches of each color. 

After You've Gone

Blue Silver


Cut Me Deep


Shooting Star


Miles From Nowhere


On the Hunt


Tell Me Now


Lonely Satellite


No Sign of Life


Dancing on the Sand


One Night Stand


Razor's Edge


I honestly don't know which colors are my favorite. They all turned out so beautifully. I think the first few I'll play with are After You've Gone and Lonely Satellite. And I cannot wait to use Shooting Star as a liner -- with all of those hot pink sparkles mixed in with the black shadow, it is going to be beyond pretty.

I'm not sure of the exact date that Darling Girl plans to release this collection, but I think it's imminent -- within the next few weeks. ETA: You can buy it HERE!

Do you see any favorites that you just have to have?


* PR samples were a gift from Darling Girl Cosmetics

3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I really like girls on film, new moon on monday and hold back the rain. Susan always makes such pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! This was so much fun to work on with you and don't let her fool you. Sam came up with the color ideas I just brought them to life.

    ReplyDelete