Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Brightly Colored "Blix Remix" LOTD


A few weeks ago, my husband and I had dinner with two of our good friend, Blix and her husband. Blix was wearing the most amazing eye look and I couldn’t stop staring at her eye makeup. I was so happy when she posted the look on her blog, because I wanted to attempt to recreate it. I have the same Coastal Scents Cool Shimmer Palette, and was excited to use some of the colors in it that I hadn’t used before. I made three very minor additions to her eye look. 

This is how my “Blix Remix” turned out. It does not look remotely as awesome as the original inspiration look that Blix did, but I love it anyway. 








This beautiful wire-wrapped, handmade "Cicada Tears" necklace was created by Alicia Stardust at Elements & Artifacts. She still has a blue one up for grabs -- go get it while you still can! 

FACE:
Mineralogie Cream Concealer #U3
Etude House Precious Minerals All Day Strong BB Cream
Clinique Black Honey blush
MAC Pinch O’ Peach blush
MAC Female Richmetal Highlighter
Guerlain Meteorites finishing powder in Teint Rose

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Brule on brow bone
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #48 on outer V area
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #80 in outer crease and outer lower lash line
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #79 on outer lid and middle lower lash line
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #68 between #79 and #57 on lid
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #57 on inner lid and inner lower lash line
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #23 on tear duct area
CS Cool Shimmer Palette #1 very lightly beneath arch of brow
MAC Blanc Type on brow bone
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Benefit They’re Real! mascara on lower lashes
Urban Decay Supercurl mascara on upper lashes
Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil in Seal Brown
MAC Brun and Charcoal Brown eyeshadows on brows

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria Speakeasy lipstick
MAC Rebel lip gloss

1 comment:

  1. It's looks so pretty with your beautiful eyes !
    Very fun combo indeed !

    ReplyDelete