Friday, July 13, 2012

Fragrance Friday - Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit Eau de Parfum


I received a deluxe sample of Fresh’s Hesperides GrapefruitEau de Parfum in a Sephora order this week.

Look how cute that little 7.5 ml sample spray bottle is!

 FRESH’S OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION:

Hesperides Grapefruit Eau de Parfum features an intoxicating medley of citruses that surrounds a crisp grapefruit accord.

Top Notes: mandarin, Italian lemon, grapefruit
Middle Notes: bergamot, lotus flower, transparent jasmine
Bottom Notes: rhubarb, musk, peach


MY THOUGHTS:

I don’t typically wear grapefruit fragrances because, as much as I love them, they wick from my skin faster than you can blink. I didn’t have much hope that Hesperides would wear well on me because it’s predominantly a grapefruit scent, but also because Fresh perfumes (again, as much as I love their scent), disappear from my skin almost instantaneously.

Imagine my surprise when I applied Fresh Hesperides, and not only fell in love with the juicy, dead-on grapefruit top note, but when it dried down, and an hour later I could still smell it on my skin! It’s not one of those fragrances that will last all day, or even half a day on me, but any Fresh scent that lasts more than 10 minutes gets me pretty excited – especially when it’s loaded with bright, uplifting notes of citrus fruits like grapefruit, lemon, and mandarin. The fruit juice notes aren’t unnaturally sweet – they don’t smell like sugary candy or a sugar-loaded summer beverage. They smell like the scent of droplets of citrus fruit spritzed from a freshly-sliced wedge. Amid the juicier notes is a hint of summer florals – on my skin, the jasmine is particularly noticeable, but it’s not cloying; rather, the jasmine note is soft, and gentle, as if I’m catching a faint hint of a jasmine flower’s scent in a gentle breeze. After the brightest top notes have dissipated, I mostly smell a soft, sweet, predominantly grapefruit scent, with bits of sweet, ethereal florals wafting around it, and an earthiness grounding it that is unmistakeably rhubarb – not rhubarb drowning in two cups of sugar and baked in a pie shell, but rhubarb stalks pulled fresh from the earth. There is also a hint of skin musk that helps meld the entire scent to my body.

The Fresh website recommends layering Hesperides Grapefruit with their Brown Sugar EDP for a "sparkling citrus with sheer caramel undertones." I will definitely be trying this combo since I adore Fresh's Brown Sugar fragrance.

Overall, this is a really wonderful, crisp, clean, and delicious summertime perfume. I do wish had a stronger sillage and lasted longer, but considering it’s both a Fresh perfume and a grapefruit perfume, I am delighted that it lasts as long as it does on me. 


DETAILS:

Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit Eau de Parfum retails for $80.00 for a 100 ml / 3.4 oz bottle on Fresh's website.

If that’s a bit steep for you, Fresh also offers a 10 ml / 0.34 oz rollerball for $20, or a 30 ml / 1 oz bottle for $38.

Fresh Grapefruit Hesperides fragrance is also sold in a shower gel, body lotion, and bar soap.

If you prefer to tack one on to your next Sephora order, all of the above items, with the exception of the largest 100 ml size bottle, are available at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment