Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Glitter Sandwich Half-Moon Nails

This week's challenge in the makeup group I'm in is "Half Moon Nails." However, I really wanted to do a glitter sandwich after seeing a number of photos of them this week. So I decided to combine the two. I like how this turned out -- summery and sparkly.


I didn't use a base coat for this. I've found that for some reason, Zoya's jelly formulas don't dry well over a base coat -- they take hours (literally) to dry and look like they've been through a meat grinder when they finally do dry down.

This is what I used to create this look:

Orly French Manicure White Tip Guides on each nail
Two coats of Zoya Kate on upper 2/3 of nail
One coat of Revlon Stunning over entire nail
One coat of Zoya Kate on upper 2/3 of nail
One coat of Zoya Chloe on upper 2/3 of nail
One coat of Seche Vite over entire nail

No comments:

Post a Comment