Friday, July 20, 2012

Sugar Skull Minerals Eyeshadow & Blush Swatches

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a look using an eyeshadow from a new mineral makeup company, Sugar Skull Minerals. Vicki from Sugar skull contacted me and offered to send me some samples. I received them in the mail this week and finally got a chance to break into them tonight. I received 23 eyeshadow samples and 2 blush samples.

Let me say, I am so incredibly super impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows and blush, the depth and richness of the color, the silky slip and ease of application... pretty much everything about them is awesome. As I swatched the shadows, I tried to figure out which one was my favorite color. I finally had to admit that they are ALL my favorites!

All I've done so far are swatches on the back of my hand, but I am so impressed by these products that I cannot wait to use them on my face! There will be several looks coming up with them, I can guarantee that!

Here are the eyeshadow samples:

Top Row, L-R: April, Cotton Candy, Flamingo, Mars, Sin, Arizona
2nd Row, L-R: Velocity, Secrets Secrets, Euphoria, Dorothy, Mermaid, Ugly Duckling
3rd Row, L-R: Crystal Ball, Sterling, On Thin Ice, In The Spotlight, Morning Star, Nude Beach
Bottom Row, L-R: Hustler, Ca$ino, Your Majesty, First Date, Classy





Here are the blush samples:

Violent Violet, Ginger


And now, on to the eyeshadow swatches!

Top Row, L-R: April, Cotton Candy, Flamingo, Mars, Sin, Arizona
2nd Row, L-R: Velocity, Secrets Secrets, Euphoria, Dorothy, Mermaid, Ugly Duckling
3rd Row, L-R: Crystal Ball, Sterling, On Thin Ice, In The Spotlight, Morning Star, Nude Beach
Bottom Row, L-R: Hustler, Ca$ino, Your Majesty, First Date, Classy








Last, but not least, the blush swatches! I tried to pack the blush on heavily on the left and blend it out to the right, but the blush is so highly pigmented, that it has pretty much the same level of color throughout the swatch. I haven't used this on my cheeks yet, but after playing with it on the back of my hand, when I do put it on my cheeks, I'm going to start out with a light application because they're so highly pigmented and rich in color.

Top: Violent Violet
Bottom: Ginger




The owner of Sugar Skull, Vicki, is a real sweetheart. She sells her products on her Facebook page. She's currently having a Buy One Get One 50% Off sale. Definitely worth checking out!

2 comments:

  1. Thank You!!! I am so happy you are pleased with my products!! I just adore blending all of the colors and "playing"!!! I can't wait until I get my etsy shop up (after my wedding)... Thank you again!! (also, let me know if you think the blushes would be better off less pigmented)
    :) Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohlala those colors are beautiful!
    I think i need try this company soon!

    ReplyDelete