Monday, September 3, 2012

Auburn Hair for Autumn & Bronzed Makeup

I had auburn hair for years and years, and about three years ago, I stopped coloring it. I don't remember why. Anyway, about a month ago, I bought a box of L'Oreal Superior Preference in Medium Auburn, and finally decided to use it today.


When I saw the color of the red dye on my hair, I got a little worried that I'd gone way too red too fast, but once I got the color rinsed out and my hair dried, I decided I absolutely love it. I mean, I LOVE IT!!! I don't know why I stopped coloring my hair auburn. I will probably be keeping it up for a while. I love it so much. It makes me feel like me again! It's a nice bonus that my husband likes it, too.

Here's a picture of the back of my head, showing the reddish-auburn in the sunlight.


I also took the following photo today. One of the ladies in a makeup group I'm in wanted to see our "bronzed looks." It's hard for me to do a bronzed look without a summer tan, but I tried anyway as a last hoorah for the end of summer. Sure, summer isn't officially over for 3 weeks, but it's already been feeling autumnal here for a few weeks, and I'm so excited about autumn, that I've already been wearing a lot of fall colors and dreaming of pulling my sweaters out of storage. Since I can only imagine I'll be wearing nothing but fall colors for a while, it was fun to do one last summery look.

I didn't get any full-face pictures with my eyes open because it was so incredibly sunny that I was squinting in all of them. Also, I wore a dark auburn brow powder to match my new hairs. I'm not sure what I think about brows this color. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Anyway, here's my "bronzed look" today.









FACE:
Benefit The POREfessional primer
Mineralogie Cream Concealer #U3
Tarte Smooth Operator undereye concealer in Light
MAC Studio Fix in NC25
Bare Minerals Warmth
Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray
Clinique Aglow blush
Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst
Guerlain Meteorites Perles in Teint Rose

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Darling Girl Glitter Glue on eye area and beneath lower lash line
MAC Brule on brow bone
Chinovi Goddess on inner 3/4 of lid
Chinovi Divine on outer 1/4 of lid and blended into crease
Chinovi Nude Pearl Plus around tear duct area and beneath inner 1/3 of lower lash line
Chinovi Extra beneath outer 2/3 of lower lash line
Chinovi Hot Cocoa lining upper lashes
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex mascara
Unreleased dark auburn brow powder from an unnamed company I love!

LIPS:
Revlon Brown Sugar Lip Butter
Mark Glow Baby Glow lip gloss in Sun Luxe

8 comments:

  1. I really like the makeup, and I love the hair! I have been coloring my hair shades of red and auburn for the last 8 or 9 years and I don't think I'll ever stop, if I can help it! I am all about looking the way you "feel".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I went back to this shade. I'm glad I found the right color the first time around, too!

      Delete
  2. Love the hair, love the makeup, love the whole look! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great.
    I'm saving my vegetable Logona dye for Oct
    which is when school starts me. Hope I get good results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new haircolour!! And you made me want to dye my own hair, it's been a while!!! Must get on with it!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new haircolour!!!! And you made me want to dye my hair, it's been too long!! Must get on with it, i am a bit tired of my own hair!!!
    And gosh your curles are so shiny!!,/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see your hair if you color it!!!

      Delete