Thursday, September 13, 2012

GOSH Holographic Hero Swatches

A lovely lady from the UK CP'd (custom purchased) the re-release of the GOSH Holographic Hero nail polish for me, which I received in the mail last weekend. I've heard a lot of buzz over the Gosh holo nail polish for a while now, so when I heard it would be available again, I wanted to try it out, because I really love linear holos. I'm so glad I have a bottle of it!

This photo was taken indoors, with flash. If you click on the picture to view a larger image, you can really see the different colors in the bottle.

This photo was taken outdoors in indirect natural light. 


The friend who sent this to me said this polish runs a little thin and can be patchy, so before I applied it, I applied one coat of the only silver polish I have in my collection, Boggi Chrome Craze Nail Paint in Pure Chrome. (I know nothing about this brand. I've had it sitting in my nail drawer for years and years. I'm guessing I picked it up at a drugstore, but I really don't know.)



And here's the GOSH Holo swatchfest!

This first photo of this polish taken in the shade. It doesn't look like anything special here.


Once you get in the sunlight, the you can see the "oil slick" lines of the linear holo.



  


It's not my favorite silver holo (that honor goes to Ozotic 509), but I do like it. While it's fairly plain and unimpressive when not catching direct light, when it's in direct sunlight or lamplight, it flashes a multitude of different colors. The linear holo is not as strong as some of the other holos I've worn, but it's still there, and very pretty.

If your pocketbook doesn't allow you to buy a fancier holo like the Ozotics, and if you have access to the GOSH brand (or someone who can hook you up), it's a good substitute. I bought two bottles and paid for shipping to the U.S. from the UK, and it still cost me less than it would cost to order one bottle of Ozotic plus shipping, so it's much more cost-effective alternative to the higher-end linear holos.

To achieve this look, I used the following products:

CND Stickey base coat
One coat of Boggi Chrome Craze Nail Paint in Pure Chrome
Two coats of GOSH Holographic Hero
One coat of Seche Vite top coat

No comments:

Post a Comment