Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shopping My Stash - Neutral Edition

Happy New Year! I'm going to try to get back into the habit of blogging in 2013!

One of my new year resolutions is to stop buying so much makeup, bath/body products, skin care products, and perfume. I have written a list of rules I am going to be living by, and I'll be sticking to them! I am giving myself a small allowance each month to go toward things I want that aren't necessities, and of course if I get gift cards, points, etc., I will be using them for new stuff.

Since I'm not buying much stuff, I'll be doing a lot more shopping my own stash. My good friend Blix gave me a TON of samples from her Aromaleigh collection last year, and not long after I had a negative experience with Aromaleigh, so I haven't used as many of the samples as I would have hoped. So today, for my first day of shopping my stash, I shopped my Aromaleigh stash, and I love the colors I chose. I also used an eyeliner and a mascara that I hadn't used in ages, a lip gloss I hadn't touched in over a year, and a blush sample that I didn't even know I had and have never used.

I also started a makeup group for a group of girls who are all trying to save money and have gone on a no-buy or low-buy for beauty products. One of the girls in the group had the great idea that we do a challenge every two weeks to help motivate us to shop our stash. The challenge that came out today was to discover less-than-loved neutrals.

Here's the neutral look I created today for this challenge. I apologize for the photos -- the sun is super bright today, and reflecting off the snow makes it even brighter. I had a heck of a time trying to get photos that weren't completely washed out, so my apologies in advance for the quality of the images and inconsistency of the colors. Of the close-ups, the first and third photos are pretty true to what it looks like when I look in the mirror.









EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Darling Girl Glitter Glue
MAC Brule on brow bone
Aromaleigh Marigold above crease
Aromaleigh Underworld on outer 1/3 of lid and lower lash line, blended lightly into crease
Aromaleigh Spark on middle 1/3 of lid and center lower lash line.
Aromaleigh Sophie on inner 1/3 of lid, tear duct area, and inner lower lash line
MAC Rich Grounds Fluidline along upper lashes, very lightly along outer 1/3 of lower lash line
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner to tightline upper lashes
Benefit They're Real! mascara on lower lashes
Sephora Atomic Volume mascara on upper lashes
Chinovi Dark Brown and Deep Auburn brow powders

FACE:
Make Up Forever HD Primer in Neutral
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque used under eyes and to correct random red spots
Etude House Precious Minerals All Day Strong BB Cream
Sheer Minerals Buff Apricot blush
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC25
Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose

LIPS:
Morgana Cryptoria Cozy Coffin gloss

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, I always love your neutral eye looks! I need to get better about using what's in my stash and not always looking to new goodies to fill the perceived void... I have so much makeup that I haven't touched in a year or two, and lots of really neat products that I have completely forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eye make up and the morgana cryptoria gloss! You know shopping my stash is in my 2013 resolutions list so you have my total support!

    ReplyDelete