Saturday, February 2, 2013

Dramatic Teal Eye with Darling Girl & Sugarpill

I received a new eye shadow this week from Darling Girl Cosmetics called "Don't Teal Me You Love Me" (DTMYLM). When Susan of Darling Girl posted pictures of it on Facebook, I knew I simply had to have it, whether or not I was a no-/low-buy.

If you look at the photos of DTMYLM posted on the Darling Girl website, you can see why I had to have it:  It's the most amazing deep shade of teal with an incredible royal purple shift. Darling Girl's color description is "Deep blackened teal with shifts from blue violet to red violet."

I am head-over-heels in love with DTMYLM, and now that I see it's sold out -- forever -- I am so glad I was able to get some of it. It's exactly the type of color I'm drawn to, but I rarely wear bright, bold colors like this. I love how this one looks on me, and when I picked up sandwiches at Subway tonight, the punk rock girl behind the counter even complimented me on my eye makeup!

When I first applied it, I thought the purple shift was going to be quite heavy, but it's actually fairly subtle, and my camera didn't pick up much of the shift, which is why I linked you to Darling Girl's photos since she captured its awesomeness really well.

I love wearing mattes with a bold duochrome; I think it helps really emphasize the duochrome. I took one look at DTMYLM and knew that I'd be pulling out my Sugarpill matte palettes for complementary colors. This is the eye look I created using DTMYLM and a number of Sugarpill colors.








And this is the full face photo because I got new glasses! I love them. Except they keep sliding down my nose. 


Beautiful necklace and matching earring set in the "Space" colorway from Whimsy Beading.

Awesome new glasses from Warby Parker -- amazing online shop for glasses. I got to try on the frames I liked and order my glasses without ever leaving the comfort of my sofa... well, except for a trip to the front door to receive my packages from the UPS guy. And they cost only $95, which is amazing when I'm used to paying a minimum of $300 for a pair of glasses with all the coatings and high index, etc. If you wear specs, definitely check out Warby Parker! I highly recommend them!


EYES:
The Balm Put A Lid On It eyelid primer
Darling Girl Cosmetics (DGC) Glitter Glue
DGC Don't Teal Me You Love Me all over lid
MAC Brule all over brow bone
Sugarpill Velocity on outer half of crease and to tightline outer 1/2 of lower lash line
Sugarpill Mochi on inner half of crease and beneath inner 1/2 of lower lash line
Sugarpill Poison Plum above Velocity
Sugarpill Dollipop above Mochi
Sugarpill Tako above Poison Plum and Dollipop, blended into MAC Brule on brow bone, and around tear duct area
Sugarpill 2AM on outer corner, blended into DTMYLM and Velocity, and beneath outer 1/2 of lower lash line
Sugarpill Lumi on top of Tako around tear duct area
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion on upper and lower waterlines
Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner Pen to line upper lash line
Sephora Advanced Lash Booster mascara
Chinovi brow powders in dark brown and dark auburn
MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow applied all around the eyebrow and blended into foundation and shadow
Anastasia Brow Gel

FACE:
Lancôme Visionnaire Skin Corrector
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque under eyes
Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder to set under eye corrector
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural
MAC Pinch O' Peach Blush
Bare Escentuals Stroke of Bright under lower/outer 1/3 of under eye area
Guerlain Teint Rose Meteorites

LIPS:
MAC Odyssey lipstick with NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover lightly applied on top


6 comments:

  1. This look is breathtaking, you look great with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome color and i'm glad i have it in my collection too ! You look beautiful with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are mesmerizing! Love the look

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad I missed out on getting this eyeshadow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful color! It looks amazing with the mattes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? I wish everyone could have it!

      Delete