Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chinovi Cosmetics "Costume Shop" Swatches

I purchased these products.


Today, I have swatches for you of Chinovi Cosmetics' Halloween collection of eyeshadows, Costume Shop. I really love Chinovi eyeshadows and think they have the best formula of any indie company I've used. The Costume Shop shadows are no exception. 

This first photo was taken indoors, in natural lighting. 

Chinovi's Costume Shop listings provide a description of each color, ingredients, and whether or not it's lip safe. I'll provide here the color description. If you want the rest of the info, please go check out the Costume Shop. 
  • ET is an alien skin green with a gold shift and soft copper sparkles.
  • Ghost is a light taupe with purple sparkles. It kind of reminds us of old brains!
  • Goblin is a very brown based green. Or is a a green based brown? We aren't to sure either! It does have some gold and green sheen and green sparkles.
  • Vampire is an in your face bright red with lots of silver shimmer and sparkle.
  • Witch is a soft medium purple with blue and teal sparkles.
  • Zombie is an almost black dark silver with lots of bronze and purple sparkles.

In addition to the Costume Shop collection that I ordered, I received two samples of Chinovi's upcoming Fall/Thanksgiving eyeshadows, Autumn Salad and Cranberry Sauce, which I've also swatched here. 

The first photo was taken indoors, in natural lighting. 
First column, top to bottom: Goblin, Ghost, ET
Second column, top to bottom: Zombie, Witch, Vampire
Third column, top to bottom: Cranberry Sauce, Autumn Salad



The second photo was taken indoors, in natural lighting, with flash: 


First column, top to bottom: Goblin, Ghost, ET
Second column, top to bottom: Zombie, Witch, Vampire
Third column, top to bottom: Cranberry Sauce, Autumn Salad


The last photo was taken in direct sunlight: 

First column, top to bottom: Goblin, Ghost, ET
Second column, top to bottom: Zombie, Witch, Vampire
Third column, top to bottom: Cranberry Sauce, Autumn Salad

From the Costume Shop, my favorite colors are Goblin and Witch. they both seem the most complex; however, I find that I'm reaching for Ghost the most often because it's great for highlighting. Vampire is probably my least favorite, but only because I can't seem to pull off vibrant reds around my eyes. (Vampire is lip safe, so I may try it on my lips next!)

Of all of these colors, I think Autumn Salad is my favorite, though, and now I can't wait for the Fall/Thanksgiving collection! Autumn Salad is green, but it has the most beautiful coppery sparkles, which I tried and tried, but just could not capture with my camera. 

What do you think of Chinovi's Costume Shop collection? 


2 comments:

  1. Cranberry Sauce looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful color and pairs gorgeously with Autumn Salad.

      Delete