Monday, October 28, 2013

Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette

This was a gift. 

I know everyone and her mother blogged about the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry eyeshadow palette when it was first released, but my dear friend Jessi from Lacquered, Painted, Polished gifted me with the palette yesterday, and it's so pretty I had to blog about it.

I'd been lusting after this palette for about a year before it was officially released, but when it was finally available, I was in ultra-savings mode, and couldn't justify the expense, so I was positively over the moon when I received it as a gift from Jessi.

Look how pretty it is!



This photo was taken indoors in indirect sunlight, without flash:


This photo was taken outside in direct sunlight. Look how sparkly Soot & Stars is. It has so much fine rainbow sparkle it's ridiculous!


And now, on to the swatches. This first photo was taken indoors with flash:

L-R: Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, Elemental Chaos, Subterranean

This second one was taken in indirect sunlight:

L-R: Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, Elemental Chaos, Subterranean

This next photo was taken in indirect sunlight, with flash:

L-R: Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, Elemental Chaos, Subterranean

This last photo was taken in direct sunlight: 

L-R: Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, Elemental Chaos, Subterranean

I can't get over how highly pigmented each of the colors is. They are smooth as silk and applied like butter! For some reason in my swatch photos, Elemental Chaos looks a bit patchy, but it's not at all. I like it so much more than Sugarpill's other pressed purple eyeshadow, Poison Plum, and will wear it a lot more, I'm sure. I'm actually not sure which color of this palette is my favorite. They are all so stunning that I think they're all my favorite!

I'll post a look with this palette soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I want this so badly but cannot justify it at all! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this palette too and it's just so awesome ! I'm glad i bought it and i'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete