Monday, November 4, 2013

Darling Girl Cosmetics "The Asylum" Collection Swatches

I bought this.

Darling Girl Cosmetics recently released a limited edition collection of eight eyeshadows called "The Asylum." As someone who completely geeks out over each season of American Horror Story, I had to snap this collection right up.

The colors are really pretty and full of sparkle. Unfortunately, the sparkle just won't show up in my pictures.

I used Darling Girl Glitter Glue under the following swatches, and the photos are taken at different angles in direct sunlight.

Top row, L-R: Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, Hottest Tamale
Middle row, L-R: Lana Banana, Like Father Like Son, Play With Me
Bottom row, L-R: Sister Demon, Slasher Santa

Top row, L-R: Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, Hottest Tamale
Middle row, L-R: Lana Banana, Like Father Like Son, Play With Me
Bottom row, L-R: Sister Demon, Slasher Santa

L-R: Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, Hottest Tamale

L-R: Lana Banana, Like Father Like Son, Play With Me

L-R: Sister Demon, Slasher Santa


There are three colors in the collection that, when applied over a black base, are either significantly enhanced or look dramatically different--Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, and Like Father Like Son.

I used Tick:Tock Cosmetics Infinity Eye Shadow Base in Black Hole under the following swatches, and the photos are taken at different angles in direct sunlight.

L-R: Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, Like Father Like Son

L-R: Angel of Death, The Crucifixion, Like Father Like Son 

My favorites in this collection are The Crucifixion and Sister Demon. What you an't see in the photos is how ultra-sparkly The Crucifixion is. The sparkles are different than I've seen in any other Darling Girl eyeshadow--they're almost flakey. To me, Sister Demon is an absolutely perfect purple--a perfect balance between blue and red. It immediately stood out to me as a purple that could quickly become a favorite in my collection.

I'll post a look tomorrow using some of these eye shadows.

Did you get The Asylum? Which colors are your favorites?

13 comments:

  1. I'm so happy i could buy a set of these ! They are stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! I've never seen the show but these look gorgeous, especially The Crucifixion, Lana Banana, and Like Father Like Son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! If you like horror flicks, you may like AHS. It's really fun.

      Delete
  3. I think I need more Darling Girl shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very, very lovely!! My fav is Like Father, Like Son. I'm obsessed with using it foiled as an eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hadn't thought of using that one as a liner. I'm going to have to see how that looks.

      Delete
  5. Great swatches Sam, thanks for posting them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again...another collection I haven't gotten to play with yet other than a quick swatch on my hand. These colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to play with them! Schedule time on your calendar! :)

      Delete