Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOTD: Ninja Polish Komodo with Zoya Channing

I purchased this.

I recently posted swatches of one of Ninja Polish's Dragon Collection, Enter the Dragon, and I said I'd have to swatch photos of the other dragons soon. The sun was finally out at the same time that I was wearing "Komodo," and I managed to get a few photos.

I really love Komodo. It's definitely my most-worn of the Dragons and lately, I seem to be pulling it out and trying it over all sorts of pretty fall nail polish "underwear" colors. Komodo is densely packed with glitters in beautiful fall hues like red, gold, orange, copper, bronze, green, brown, purple, and pink. It looks gorgeous over a variety of colors, but I particularly like it over chili pepper reds and brown-reds. Depending on the light, Komodo can give the nail an overall bronze-orange tone, a magenta tone, a copper tone, and probably others I haven't discovered yet! It's really a remarkable glitter top coat, and every single time I wear it, a number of random people say, "Ooh!" when they see my nails, grab my hands, and want to look at this nail polish up close.

For these swatches, I wore Komodo over Zoya's Channing. The photos were taken in direct sunlight.

(Note: Yes, I do wear acrylic nails for a number of reasons, and as you can see from these photos, I'm well overdue for a rebase. Apologies for the nail lines at the base of my nails!)






In this last swatch, I'm holding a bottle of Zoya Channing so you can see the base color of my nails.
In addition, the forefront of the image is slightly out of focus, which shows off the sparkliness of Komodo a bit better. 

And a close-up. Click the image for maximum sparkle effect--if you think you can handle it!


WHAT I USED:
1 coat of CND Stickey base coat
2 coats of Zoya Channing
2 coats of Ninja Polish Komodo
1 coat of Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment