Sunday, November 10, 2013

Swatches: Chinovi Cosmetics Thanksgiving Dinner Collection

I purchased this.

Chinovi Cosmetics recently released their Fall 2013 eye shadow collection, "Thanksgiving Dinner." It's made up of six of the prettiest colors all inspired by foods from a traditional American Thanksgiving meal.

These are the colors with their descriptions from the Chinovi website:

Autumn Salad - a soft, sage green with a coppery orange shift

Cheesy Potatoes - a shimmery ivory with a slight copper shift and highlighted with copper and bronze sparkles

Cranberry Sauce - a vibrant pink with a soft, silver shimmer and barely-there green shimmers

Fried Turkey - a peachy nude with a green shift, and blue, green, and gold sparkle

Gravy Drippings - a chocolate brown with green shifts laced with red and purple sparkles

Pumpkin Pie - a pumpkin orange (of course!) with lots of red and magenta sparkle.


All swatches were taken outdoors in sunlight. It was slightly overcast on the day these photos were taken, so the sparkle didn't come through at all, unfortunately.

Top row, L-R: Autumn Salad, Cheesy Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce
Bottom row, L-R: Fried Turkey, Gravy Drippings, Pumpkin Pie

Top row, L-R: Autumn Salad, Cheesy Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce
Bottom row, L-R: Fried Turkey, Gravy Drippings, Pumpkin Pie

Top row, L-R: Autumn Salad, Cheesy Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce
Bottom row, L-R: Fried Turkey, Gravy Drippings, Pumpkin Pie

L-R: Autumn Salad, Cheesy Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce

L-R: Fried Turkey, Gravy Drippings, Pumpkin Pie 

My favorite colors from this collection are definitely Gravy Drippings and Fried Turkey. I have a thing for rich, deep, chocolate browns, and Gravy Drippings looks like it was made exactly with me in mind. It's so, so pretty, has a gorgeous, subtle green shift, and tons of microscopic sparkle. Fried Turkey is a perfect warm nude that pairs beautifully with Gravy Drippings and is a lovely brow bone color. Cheesy Potatoes is probably the color I've used the most out of this collection, and that's because it's a perfect highlight color for beneath the brow bone or the tear duct area. I'm also in love with the copper shift in Autumn Salad. It is the most complex color of the bunch, and when I look at it up close, I'm mesmerized by the rose/copper shift in it. Autumn Salad and Cranberry Sauce look stunning paired together.

As always, these colors apply like butter. Before I apply Chinovi eye shadows, I always first put on Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then Darling Girl Glitter Glue and my Chinovi eye shadow wear like armor.

I'll be posting a couple of looks I've done with these eye shadows over the next couple of days.

6 comments:

  1. These colors are great! I haven't gotten to play with them more than a quick swatch on my hand but they are so pretty in the jars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such pretty colors, and with your skin tone, Rebecca, I'll bet you anything you'll rock Gravy Drippings, Fried Turkey, and Pumpkin Pie!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Vanessa really did a great job with this collection, as always!

      Delete
  3. Cranberry Sauce looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I think it may be one of my favorite pinks.

      Delete